Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Falling Score(HELP Please)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Falling Score(HELP Please)

The good news is the Cap One wll probably help your score - even at this point!

It will be the first and only bank cc reporting for you - and FICO likes to see one of those (at least one - and you only need one - for FICO reason code #3).

Be sure to calculate and watch your AAofA before your next app. 

Message 11 of 13
memphisken

After carefully looking at my Equifax report I found that a old cellphone baddie that was over 2 yrs old has updated. What should I do? Any advice would help.

Oh, If I pay it would that increase my score$151 

Message 12 of 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

memphisken wrote:

After carefully looking at my Equifax report I found that a old cellphone baddie that was over 2 yrs old has updated. What should I do? Any advice would help.

Oh, If I pay it would that increase my score$151 

Paid negatives score the same as unpaid. Yes, other lenders like to see things paid, and I feel it's important to pay back legitimate debt when possible, but the scoring is a result of an account having gone bad, not whether or not it was later repaid. It's the going late part that predicts future risk of doing the same thing.

You need to do a PFD (pay for delete.) This means that you get in writing their agreement that in exchange for your payment, they will cease reporting the negative, now and in the future.

Click over to the Rebuilding Your Credit board for more info on how this works. There are examples up in the Frequently Requested Threads link, stickied at the top of the board.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.