Did you mean: 

Inquiry increased score?

tag
Student_Loans_Kill
Frequent Contributor

Re: Inquiry increased score?

@llecs wrote:

+2.

Something else caused the change. Don't assume that if you get an alert for one event, then that score change was a direct result of that event. There could have been a half-dozen things going on within your report that caused the change resulting in the net increase.

When I first subscribed, I got an alert for a 20 point increase due to an inquiry and thought that it was so. It was a baddie falling off that SW doesn't pick up on that caused the 20 gain.

I'm still wondering why SW doesn't pick up baddies falling off? I check my report with usaa and my collection is off, still no pick up. But I had the same issue as op before all this madness with a 3 pt increase and only two inq

Starting Score: 656
Current Score: 678 TU 08, 665 EQ MyFico, 698 EX PSECU
Goal Score: 7OO needed for Mortgage application

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 12
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Inquiry increased score?

There's no CMS out there that will alert you to dropped baddies through monitoring, without pulling a new report. It would be cool if there was, but not so. Maybe it's a programming limitation? I'm non-technical so I dunno. I guess there would have to be a CMS that automatically pulls a new report daily so as to catch the before and after change. That would be a very expensive service, though.

Now SW will alert you to a score change if that dropped baddie resulted in a new score change, assuming the target score was matched or surpassed when SW monitors the score each week. But not every dropped CA will result in a score increase. It's a YMMV on credit. Or sometimes there are multiple things happening like an increase for the dropped CA offset by a decrease in something else like rising util, added accounts, and so on. There's a whole dynamic there and a lot can happen between the automatic SW updates. Also doesn't help because many (myself included when I first subscribed) will mis-set their target score at a level too high or too low, or never at all.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.