cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it better to have more accts reporting balances?

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Is it better to have more accts reporting balances?

Strange. Both my EQ and TU credit factors say that my 'amount of debt' is "Exceptional", while my EX credit factor says it's "Very good".

The only real difference between the 3 components is that my EQ and TU factors say that there are 5 accts reporting balances, while the EX factor says I have 4 accts reporting balances.

Is it possible that my EX score would be better if there were 5 accts reporting balances, rather than 4???

I'm going to watch what happens when EX goes to 5 accts reporting balances.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

Re: Is it better to have more accts reporting balances?

Recommend seeing if there is any difference in total credit line among the three CRAs. I have seen differences where one card's CL may show up as part of the total on one CRA's aggregate CL summary but not another. Really don't know why this happens. I speculated that the CRA was not using the card's CL because it had been inactive for a few months. On my November EQ 3 B report, EQ had all card CL's but TU was missing my FIA card CL and EX was missing my BB card CL. 

If you have an AMEX charge card, that might be treated differently depending on the CRA. Check your summary to see if it is categorized as a revolving account or something else.

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 2 of 3
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Is it better to have more accts reporting balances?

@Thomas_Thumb wrote:

Recommend seeing if there is any difference in total credit line among the three CRAs. I have seen differences where one card's CL may show up as part of the total on one CRA's aggregate CL summary but not another. Really don't know why this happens. I speculated that the CRA was not using the card's CL because it had been inactive for a few months. On my November EQ 3 B report, EQ had all card CL's but TU was missing my FIA card CL and EX was missing my BB card CL. 

If you have an AMEX charge card, that might be treated differently depending on the CRA. Check your summary to see if it is categorized as a revolving account or something else.

1. All 3 are showing 1% utilization.

2. EQ & TU are showing 5 accts with balances totalling $800... and they're saying it's "Exceptional".

3. EX is showing 4 accounts with balances totalling $78.... and they're saying I'm only "Very Good"

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.