cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KD on my EQ Account

tag
snoboy8999

KD on my EQ Account

New to the myFico family and hoping to get some information about something reporting on my Experian account.

Current score on EQ is 671. I have a KD from an account I was never notified about, which I paid in full and has reported on my EQ since April of this year.

Wondering how much if any impact this is having on my current credit score and how long I will have to worry about it. I keep my credit utilization under 10% for about 15K in total CL and my AAoA is just under 3 years.

Hoping someone can help! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
snoboy8999

Re: KD on my EQ Account

Hm anyone?
Message 2 of 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@snoboy8999 wrote:
Hm anyone?

Pardon my ignorance but I am not familiar with the acronym KD.  Key Derogatory?  If so what is it specifically?

        
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

KD is Key derogatory. It usually pertains to collection accounts. Because the do not report days/co status. If you paid it it will still show paid but remain on your report. And yes that could seriously be affecting your score. It will remain for 7.5 years from DOFD. Can always try disputing with the CRA to see if the CA responds. If that doesn't work you can try to goodwill them.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.