Established Member
najerme

R9 and FICO

Hello everyone, I am a newbie to this board and the whole fico score saga, if you will, and I need some help.  I am in credit recovery mode and need to understand the process so that I can help bring my score up. 

For starters, i have always had great credit until this past year when I went delinquent on 6 credit card accounts from Dec/Jan to June, 2007.  In June of this year I was able to settle with 5 of them and thus paid off the settlement amounts in this month (Aug 2007).  Altogether I was able to pay 19k on my delinquent debt.  The 6th card (Citibank) I thought I had made good with by agreeing to pay them 10k of a 25k balance and then pay subsequent payments of 330 each month thereafter, but this morning I saw that they still reported my account as an R9.  They told me this would not happen and now I am worried about what this is going to do with my FICO score.  Here I was feeling really good that I was able to settle and pay off whatever I could and then I get hit with this.

My Equifax score is currently 517.  I dont' know my TU or EX scores yet.  I was going to pull those after this month's update.  Before I knew this R9 account was going to hit my credit report I went to the fico simulator and plugged in the 19k payoff to my delinquent balances and it gave me a simulated score of 577-627.

Can anyone tell me what I can expect to happen with this month's update and how I can move forward from this point.

Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Re: R9 and FICO

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+