Contributor

What is the OFFICIAL FICO score range for GOOD credit?!?!!?

Anyone who has a link to an official table or chart, I would greatly appreciate it.

Here's what I "think" it is:

EXCELLENT CREDIT...FICO 720+

GOOD CREDIT..............FICO 660-719

FAIR CREDIT..................FICO 620-659

BAD CREDIT...................FICO <620

I know that "other" factors are considered when deciding if someone has EXCELLENT credit or not.  But are these ranges accurate?

Thanks so much.

Moderator Emeritus

Re: What is the OFFICIAL FICO score range for GOOD credit?!?!!?

Different companies have different ranges when analyzing FICO scoring...not to mention most of the companies out there look at non-FICO scoring when reviewing score ranges (e.g. the news media, review sites for FAKOs, etc.).

In FICO speak, your FICO report will show a 5-tier range: Bad, Not Good, Good, Very Good, and Great. I can't remember how they play out in detail, so bumping for others, but I know 660 starts the Good range and that stops at 720 or 735, which is the start of Very Good. I think Very Good goes to 760, which starts the Great range. I'm unsure of anything below the Good range.

Mega Contributor

Whatever the creditor using your score and associated credit file is looking for is ultimately the best.....

Established Contributor

It also seems that different kind of credit products have different ranges for setting rates.  For mortgages, 760+ generally put you at the best rate.  Of course, approval is based on other factors.  For auto, the top tier rate may be different, slightly lower.

My Starting Score: EQ: 691 (11/30/11) TU98: 726 (11/30/11)
My Current Score: EQ: 779 (04/22/13) TU08: 835 (06/03/13)
DW Starting Score: EQ: 742 (03/02/12) TU98: 748 (03/02/12)
DW Current Score: EQ: 784 (03/11/13) TU08: 775 (06/03/13)
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.