cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When FICO score and Credit Scores goes up?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When FICO score and Credit Scores goes up?

How long it take for credit scores and FICO score goes up?

16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When FICO score and Credit Scores goes up?

Can you be more specific as to what you're getting at here? 

Scores go up slowly over time unless major changes (be them positive or negative) take place. 

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am working on fixing credit reports and just need to know how long it take credit score go up and FICO score.
My credit scores are poor but this is the year bad debt come off the 7 year mark. I apply for personal loan in small amount hoping to get approved to use the loan for medical reasons that insurance don’t cover.
The TD bank told me deny and need a score of 680 to be approved. I don’t like how these credit bureaus have personal information and make decisions that can help people or hurt them. All these scores models are becoming annoying and it’s a way to keep the population in check. I am working on fixing my credit reports cause I notice creditors had and have lie and change things to keep good/bad accounts longer on my credit report. I have old credit reports and send proof of was payment history/when item suppose be deleted from credit report. I am tired of credit bureaus don’t listen to us. So knowing when scores goes up can help me keep fighting them with their own rules on when credit scores supposed to go up.
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit bureaus aren't responsible for deciding what is on your credit reports nor are they responsible for your credit scores and/or when they go up.  Bureaus simply compile data based on what is provided to them by various lenders.  That data can be fed into a scoring model to produce a score.  If something is accurate on your credit report, your gripe is with the lender that provided the inaccurate information to the CRAs, not the CRAs themselves.  The bureaus don't "make decisions that can help people or hurt them."  You say you don't like how the population is being kept in check.  I think it's a great thing.  Perhaps you don't like that you're being kept in check?  FICO scores are a measure of risk.  If risk level is too high, people aren't given access to credit... things like the loan that you're seeking out.  This can actually keep a lot of people out of [financial] trouble, so I don't see it as a negative.  I'd suggest thinking that through a bit more and seeing the big picture.  I'm quite sure our reaction/opinion to this is emotionally based.  That's perfectly normal, by the way. 

When you say "credit score and FICO score" what do you mean?  Are you differentiating between FICO scoring models and other ones (VantageScore 3.0 perhaps)?  What source do you use to obtain your scores?

If you'd like some solid guesses as to when your scores may go up, you're going to have to list out a lot of information regarding your credit profile.  For starters, how many total accounts you have, how many are revolving credit lines and if you have any installment loans, what the balances and limits are on each revolving credit line and installment loan current balances/original balances, what the age of your youngest account is, oldest account and average age of accounts, how many inquiries you've had in the last year and when, how many negative items you have on your credit report listed out with the date they happened and their severity... example:  60 day late from 7/14, collection from 9/12, etc.  Once you give us some detailed information we'll be able to give you some solid estimates.

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I paid my debt. I have old credit reports and when there are rules, regulation, laws to make sure credit bureaus follow guidelines on when how long a credit item stay on credit report. When a credit item is scheduled until 2018, 2017 etc and don’t be deleted then credit bureaus are not following the rules that are in place. Then yes I would be mad at creditors and credit bureaus cause in the past things were supposed to be deleted never was... I keep disputing and actually have proof. They still don’t acknowledge the proof then the creditors and credit bureaus doing it to hurt people...
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would say you're probably doing something incorrect with respect to your disputes, then.  It's rare that if something is past the date to fall off that if it doesn't fall off a person would have difficulty getting it removed when requested.  I read these forums a lot and don't recall running into this issue.

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guess some people don’t want to share cause of others telling them it’s your fault can make one feel alone from the community. I had In the past stay quiet and even done nothing just waited out another few years to pull my free credit report every year and see something still on drove me crazy. When I started to apply for credit when I was 18 and had a lot of credit then as I couldn’t keep up with payments I just started to paid things down and once paid in full. I just closed the accounts cause I didn’t want to fall in to use the credit cards out of my means. Well I know people read bad debt have 7 years to remain after first delinquent or good standing credit paid off in full can stay on report up to 20 years. Well have to much is not good when I try to apply for loan even score was in the 700 got deny cause of to much credit. The only way for good credit to come off when it’s 10, 11 or 15 years of called the only creditor. That what I did and in the past creditor tell me it’s not them who can remove the item(s) is the credit bureaus. I would had problems of the telephone game of being told creditor & credit telling me it’s them not us.

Credit Karma community have bad stories of them dealing with creditors or the credit bureaus.

As I got older, I would stay ok top of the credit reports cause I remember in the past one credit bureau told me they don’t keep past credit report. Once an updated credit report is generated in their system the old credit report is removed/deleted. So now I keep old credit reports because of one nice customer service agent of one credit bureau I don’t remember said to me “keep copies of old credit reports that why things can come off and creditor have to honor any proof I have”. With that advice I can only dispute for credit bureaus can communicate with creditors of inaccurate information or I like to say information creditors send and compare to new information send I am not crazy. These or this item said this and now it say something different.
As for credit scores I was told what make things go up or down but when you don’t have anything new and still see scores go up then back down just drove me crazy. Then speaking to credit bureaus being told scores are updated every 30 days. But key factors play on scores such as length of the credit, payment history, collection etc. Have good standing credits for long length and still my scores as poor or average.
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guess some people don’t want to share cause of others telling them it’s your fault can make one feel alone from the community. I had In the past stay quiet and even done nothing just waited out another few years to pull my free credit report every year and see something still on drove me crazy. When I started to apply for credit when I was 18 and had a lot of credit then as I couldn’t keep up with payments I just started to paid things down and once paid in full. I just closed the accounts cause I didn’t want to fall in to use the credit cards out of my means. Well I know people read bad debt have 7 years to remain after first delinquent or good standing credit paid off in full can stay on report up to 20 years. Well have to much is not good when I try to apply for loan even score was in the 700 got deny cause of to much credit. The only way for good credit to come off when it’s 10, 11 or 15 years of called the only creditor. That what I did and in the past creditor tell me it’s not them who can remove the item(s) is the credit bureaus. I would had problems of the telephone game of being told creditor & credit telling me it’s them not us.

Credit Karma community have bad stories of them dealing with creditors or the credit bureaus.
As I got older, I would stay ok top of the credit reports cause I remember in the past one credit bureau told me they don’t keep past credit report. Once an updated credit report is generated in their system the old credit report is removed/deleted. So now I keep old credit reports because of one nice customer service agent of one credit bureau I don’t remember said to me “keep copies of old credit reports that why things can come off and creditor have to honor any proof I have”. With that advice I can only dispute for credit bureaus can communicate with creditors of inaccurate information or I like to say information creditors send and compare to new information send I am not crazy. These or this item said this and now it say something different.
As for credit scores I was told what make things go up or down but when you don’t have anything new and still see scores go up then back down just drove me crazy. Then speaking to credit bureaus being told scores are updated every 30 days. But key factors play on scores such as length of the credit, payment history, collection etc. Have good standing credits for long length and still my scores as poor or average.
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creditors do not remove items from your credit report.  They submit electronic requests to the bureaus to have item removed.  If they have sent a request, it is up to the bureau(s) to make the update.  If they have not sent a request, the bureaus have no reason to update.  If your creditor is saying they sent a request and you are not seeing the update, you can request the creditor re-submit the request.  If that still doesn't work, you can ask the creditor to provide you with something in writing saying that they sent the request, then pass that documentation on the the bureau(s) with which the item still remains and ask that it be removed.  This entire process shouldn't take more than a week or two, which is a drop in the bucket when looking at the long timeline of things credit-related.

Scores are not "updated every 30 days."  Your credit profile is ever-changing.  One could go a month where absolutely nothing changes (except for everything aging 1 month) which could mean zero score change.  One could also go a month where something changes every few days, so their score then could potentially change every few days.  The bureaus have the data that is pulled and used to generate a score.  If their data on Monday is different than their data on Tuesday and you pull a score each day, it's completely possible that your score would change from one day to the next.  There is no such thing as 30 days here, unless you're talking about a service that provides you with a score every 30 days.  If that's what you mean, yes you'll get a new score every 30 days, but you could have gotten a new score 29 days ago, 28 days ago, etc. if you had pulled one from another source.

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're obviously doing the dispute process incorrectly somewhere.

If you're disputing via phone or online (website), both of those are wrong, so don't do it that way.  Disputing too many times online and over the phone can get your flagged and make it next to impossible to dispute properly.

Can you tell us how you've submitted disputes in the past?

I have NEVER had the bureaus refuse to delete something wrong, but I don't dispute via the phone or online either.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.