cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which FAKO monitoring service is most accurate?????

tag

Which FAKO monitoring service is most accurate?????

Long time ago, I used USAA Credit monitoring.  But, was wondering if people here know which site is closest to actual FICO scores.  I know longer use these sites and dont really care to in the future.  Just curious as to which site developed an algorithm very similar to FICO.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
namvet
Established Contributor

Re: Which FAKO monitoring service is most accurate?????

IME none are accurate but you asked about most accurate so for me it would be credit sesame for experian.  I've used all the monitoring services but i prefer USAA but not for the scores.  A Fico score is a Fico and a Fako score is a Fako.  In the rare event that is need a real credit score i will buy it here at myfico.com.  

Message 2 of 8
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I don't have my real EX FICO score but  I also feel that Credit Sesame is faily accurate. Or maybe I'd be surprized if I got my real score. My TU through Walmart hasn't updated yet but the EX score that I received from CS is pretty much in the range of my last Walmart and receive EQ score that I received here this week.

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 3 of 8
roastbeans
New Contributor

Credit.com is the most accurate IMHO,but their update process is painfully slow.Credit karma think, is the best if you want detailed/up to date info on your report.

Message 4 of 8
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Credit Karma is very detailed for my accounts. It updates every Thursday morning. The score isn't to accurate but the accounts are on the money for the current reporting. It seems like we can take a little from one and a little from another to put together a decent picture of how our credit looks. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 5 of 8
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

credit sesame experian report

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited|Amex BCE|Wells Fargo Cash Wise|Barclays Cashforward
$89,500 total card credit FICO Equifax-823, FICO Transunion-774, FICO Experian-769, DTI-20.4%
Message 6 of 8
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@I_SUFFER_FROM_FICO_ENVY wrote:

Long time ago, I used USAA Credit monitoring.  But, was wondering if people here know which site is closest to actual FICO scores.  I know longer use these sites and dont really care to in the future.  Just curious as to which site developed an algorithm very similar to FICO.

CreditSecure from AMEX.  Most closely matches my FICO scores across the board. 

Message 7 of 8
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@I_SUFFER_FROM_FICO_ENVY wrote:

For me it seems like fako scores are all over the place USAA and credit sesame fako experian scores seem to be an bit higher than my official myfico experian score, they differ by about 60 points or so. Credit karma is actually probably the closest. Its about 10 points different from myTU fico from walmart. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.