cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Myfico.com score so different than what my bank pulled?

tag
rross
New Contributor

Why is Myfico.com score so different than what my bank pulled?

My TU score was holding steady at 649 for 2 months. I applied for a mortgage loan, and they said my middle score was TU - 617. Why such a huge difference? I pulled my score again & Myfico says it's still 649. I thought this was the only accurate place to get scores so I'm confused.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Why is Myfico.com score so different than what my bank pulled?

Hi, welcome to the forums!

Unfortunately, we're still stuck with an older TU FICO score model, TU98, while your lender might well have pulled TU04. They're both FICO scores, but many lenders have moved on to TU04.

As I understand it, FICO is working with TU to get them to start supplying us with TU04's.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 7
rross
New Contributor

Thank you for a quick reply. The newer model must be a lot stricter to have that big of a difference. Bummer. Are the Myfico.com EQ scores accurate?
Message 3 of 7
kal9988
Regular Contributor

Where have you read that MyFICO is trying to get the ability to sell TU '04s?

Message 4 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@rross wrote:
Thank you for a quick reply. The newer model must be a lot stricter to have that big of a difference. Bummer. Are the Myfico.com EQ scores accurate?

The EQ score here is the Beacon 5.0, which almost every mortgage lender uses. If you have a printout of your scores from your lender, the versions should be listed on there somewhere, maybe in tiny print or incomprehensible abbreviations.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@kal9988 wrote:

Where have you read that MyFICO is trying to get the ability to sell TU '04s?

All over the boards, over the years. It was part of the discussion on the survey about what products consumers might be interested in. I think the survey's still up on the forums.

Anyway, we've been nagging for several years, and we've been told that they're trying. Lots of discussion back when Experian stopped letting us buy our EX FICO's.

If I could figure out the search function here, I'd try to post a few links, but it doesn't speak to what's left of my brain.  Smiley Tongue

Message 6 of 7
laz98
Senior Contributor

i want my TU 04, doggone it!!!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.