cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wife's accounts showing up all the sudden...

tag
schniery
Established Member

Wife's accounts showing up all the sudden...

I just pulled my scores and all of the sudden this month ALL of my wife's accounts she has ever had came up on my report?  Even accounts prior to us being married and that were not joint, AU or any connection whatsoever.  Then under my name it says other names gone by etc it lists her maiden name and under MY birthdate is has her month she was born.  Something is very strange here.  Then I went to my 3 in one and individual transuion report and updated it and there was NOTHING added to that one?? Help, so I dispute all of these or call TU in the morning and ask for advice?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
schniery
Established Member

Re: Wife's accounts showing up all the sudden...

So this is what it look like all the sudden:  HELP  all of this just dropped my score BTW

Name

MY Name Correct

Former Names

My wife's current name??

My wife's maiden name??

Date of Birth October, 1975  My wife's DOB, Not mine???

Social Security Number XXX-XX-xxxx  My SS#

Current Address

My crrent address 
Previous AddressesEmployers [?]

My wife's two previous jobs, none of mine???

Message 2 of 6
schniery
Established Member

OK, just to make sure I wasn't nuts I just looked at my "updated" tonight TU score on the transunion website.  It in fact DOES not have all of these accoutns of my wife's on my report as a matter of fact it updated with a removal of a 90 day late from 5 years ago.  That has not shown up on MyFico yet though either.  So I don't know if this is a glitch or if I should dispute all of this?? I do have a TU file number so I can call and talk to someone live at TU tomorrow but will that help me with the Myfico score if in fact they said they don't know why those are showing up??

Sorry for all the posts but I am freaking out a bit

Message 3 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Check to see which is the account that updated most recently.

My guess is that you have a lender (joint vs AU) who has included your SSN and your wife's SSN on their update, so now TU is pulling in all her stuff, since her SSN is now displaying on your website.

Pull a full TU report and inspect your demographics (personal info) section. See if her SSN is displaying as an "alternate" to yours.

If you can figure out which lender updated in this time frame, I would call them, and find out which number(s) they are reporting for you.

Then call the CRA and tell them that they are glomming (sorry; tech speak, lol) her reports onto yours, and that they need to undo all this immediately.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 6
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Sound like you have what is called a mixed file at Trans Union. Whose social security number is showing on our the report? if your pull your wifes credit report what shows on the report look at social seciry number.
FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 5 of 6
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

You won't get anywhere on this until you get the full CBR from TU. You can get one free from www.annualcreditreport.com.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.