Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will this hurt me credit?

tag
bear812c
Regular Contributor

Will this hurt me credit?

I have an old Children's Place account that's closed but was reporting a perfect history. I opened it in 2006 and closed it in 2009. I just looked at my credit report and noticed that it is gone. It just disappeared. Is this going to hurt my credit score? It is one of my older accounts in that it was opened a while ago but was short lived as it was closed a few years later. I'm not sure if it will hurt my AAofA. Any idea?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: Will this hurt me credit?

Did your FICO score drop?

Message 2 of 8
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

whoops...had to delete my first comment, and reread your post. 

Message 3 of 8
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

^op said they already closed it though in 2009...

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 8
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:
^op said they already closed it though in 2009...

yes I know...I had to delete my first post after rereading it again..you posted too soon and didnt see my next comment

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am very surprised that it should have fallen off your report.  Closed accounts do fall off, but it typically takes ten years after the account is closed before they do that.

This account should not have falled off until 2019.

In the past, had it appeared on all three credit reports?  (EQ, TU, EX)  If so, have you pulled them all to see whether it has vanished from all three or just one?

In answer to your question, since you have a comparatively low AAoA, the account vanishing from your reports will lower your AAoA and therefore possibly your score.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ehh it's a department store card.. Doesn't do much as in credit gain for credit profile... Many ppl open department store cuz of the instant discount and after never use it again
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree that it can actually be a good thing when store cards leave one's credit profile.  (They damage the risk assessment that insurance companies make of you, for example.)  But in this case I'd be more worried at finding out what happened just in principle.  I have never heard of a CRA dropping an account six years after it was closed. 

And the advantage that a 10, 11, 12 year old card would have given our OP's AAoA (over the next 3-4 years) may have been significant.  Certainly it would have served as a cushion again the damaging impact of an new accounts.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.