cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wish I would have pulled EQ BEFORE refi my car!!!!

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Wish I would have pulled EQ BEFORE refi my car!!!!

Some that know me and follow know that I had a BK last year, and was ecstatic to find refinancing on my 2 yro car from Santander @ 22%, to Farmers Bank &Trust @ 4.75%, which was good for only being 6 months post discharge at the time. The only kicker was that I was told Farmers only pulled TU and reported ONLY to TU.  I did it anyways cause the bank was local and it saved me money. 

Fast forward to today.... I've been wanting and tried 3 times to get NFCU to refi me and they denied me everytime, but then finally got approved and they beat Farmers with a 3.45% and reported to ALL THREE CRA!  I was ecstatic!!! Anyway, pulled my real EQ report from a cli denial, and low and behold what's showing under installments???   My freaking car loan with Farmers, and my new Loan reporting with Navy!!! (Sighs)... If I had known that they reported to all three I wouldn't have tried to refi with NFCU. Oh well... The farmers doesn't show closed and paid yet, but will by end of month. How did this loan get reported to the other CRA's when I was told by the bank rep they only use TU??? So now I'll show a bank loan that only reported for 4 months then paid as agreed. At least it will stay on positive for 10 yrs, lol!!! 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Wish I would have pulled EQ BEFORE refi my car!!!!

I also don't subscribe to score watch, CK, CSS or any of those credit monitoring places. I guess if I had, I would have gotten an alert that a new installment loan had reported! (Sighs).... Should I join one? And of so.... Which one is the best!?
Message 2 of 4
jamie123
Valued Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
I also don't subscribe to score watch, CK, CSS or any of those credit monitoring places. I guess if I had, I would have gotten an alert that a new installment loan had reported! (Sighs).... Should I join one? And of so.... Which one is the best!?

For the money (Free!) Credit Karma is actually pretty good. They get all their information from TU but it is rather detailed, listing each lender and their reported balances, inquires and most everything else that would be found on your report. You can also update your free FAKO score once a week.

You can sign up for free e-mail alerts and they will send you an e-mail when anything changes on your report such as balances and inquiries.

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 3 of 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@jamie123 wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

For the money (Free!) Credit Karma is actually pretty good. They get all their information from TU but it is rather detailed, listing each lender and their reported balances, inquires and most everything else that would be found on your report. You can also update your free FAKO score once a week.

You can sign up for free e-mail alerts and they will send you an e-mail when anything changes on your report such as balances and inquiries.

+1 on this: no real downside that I've seen to being a member of CK and CS both - Quizzle may be useful too but they're lagging badly in terms of features but it's the only freebie access (outside of annualcreditreports) to one's Equifax data.

        
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.