Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

good stuff falling off !!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

good stuff falling off !!

of course we all want the " BAD stuff " to go away after 7 years . Maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way but shouldn't the positive items on a persons credit report stay longer than 10 years ? I am now losing some of the score improving items that i worked so hard to pay off ( and improve my score) in the mid 1990's. what can a person do to get them back ?   
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: good stuff falling off !!

We all wish the good stuff stay on forever but it doesn't and there is nothing we can do about it.Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unless you can somehow persuade the OC to report it, but that ain't likely.

FCRA doesn't demand that positive TLs be reported, ever, at all, for any length of time. Only stipulates how long adverse info may remain.

You could pay off the final payment on your car loan, that was ontime and never late, and one month later if the CRAs delete that TL there's no violation of law. I know, I know. CRAs don't delete good TLs. Tell that to people who've disputed with CSC and watched good TLs disappear.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting enough- I had a morgage from 4/2001 to 4/2004 and it was marked with 1 30 day late-
This account was scheduled to report til 2014

After disputing the late this year it states it will report til 2017 !!!!!
Nice to keep those 3 years of perfect payments on for an extra 3 years Smiley Happy 

my oldest account is scheduled to drop the end of next year- not much I can do about that-

Noah_Bodie wrote:
Unless you can somehow persuade the OC to report it, but that ain't likely.

FCRA doesn't demand that positive TLs be reported, ever, at all, for any length of time. Only stipulates how long adverse info may remain.

You could pay off the final payment on your car loan, that was ontime and never late, and one month later if the CRAs delete that TL there's no violation of law. I know, I know. CRAs don't delete good TLs. Tell that to people who've disputed with CSC and watched good TLs disappear.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.