Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logged Out Every Time I Visit - Driving Me Nuts

tag
jbh
Established Contributor

Logged Out Every Time I Visit - Driving Me Nuts

Hey,

I've kept quiet on this for a few months but I must ask, is there a fix for Firefox users to not always be logged out when I re-visit? If I sign in all is well. But if I leave the site and return within a few hours later (for example), once again, I am logged out. 

There is no 'remember me' option and I must re-type my log-in info at least 5 times per day every day.

Is there a fix that I am not aware of?

Thank you very much.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Logged Out Every Time I Visit - Driving Me Nuts

Go to "My Profile" and click on the preferences tab. About half way down the page is general settings. You can change your page refresh to about 5 minutes or less. Mine is set at 4 minutes. This keeps me logged on for extended periods of time, as long as I am not within a thread.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 17
jbh
Established Contributor

Hey,

My problem is not that I get logged out while visiting. It's when I visit after being away for 10+ minutes or whatever the amount of times is. The concern I have is not knowing why it always demands a log-in for each visit. The cookie will not stay on at all. I was wondering if this was common for Firefox 3 on Windows.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 17
laz98
Senior Contributor

i have this problem too.  i leave for 3 minutes, and BAM!  logged out.
Message 4 of 17
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

I'm checking into this and will get back to you all.

Thanks for your patience!
Message 5 of 17
Raine
Established Contributor

Hello!

As far as I'm aware, this should not just be an issue with FireFox. The auto log-out is a security feature put in place to keep other people from being able to log in to your account and see your personal information. We suggest that if you plan on leaving your computer at any point in time, you either log out of the site or close the FireFox window, for your safety.

If there is nobody else around, my work-around has always been to leave FireFox open, and keep a tab on the forums at all times. I have my automatic page refresh interval set to 5 minutes to keep from logging out automatically (how to do this was mentioned above).

I hope this explains things a little. Smiley Happy

-- Raine
Message 6 of 17
laz98
Senior Contributor

that's fine if you have a desktop, but what about laptop users?  i don't want to leave it open all day.

but what i am talking about is when i'm still using the internet, i just navigate to a different page for a couple of minutes, & i still get logged out.  that's just silly!  i should be able to stay logged in AT LEAST until i close my browser.

Message 7 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I have my laptop set up as ByrdMan described, and it stays open. I had to reset my page refresh time for this to happen. I'm in Firefox 3.0.4, Vista Home Basic (ick), Toshiba laptop.

At the moment, I have ( *counts* ) 8 tabs open, and when I go somewhere else, I just use a different tab. Not sure if that's what you are doing?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 17
laz98
Senior Contributor

sometimes i do use other tabs, & it will stay open.

but my question is, why do i HAVE to use a new tab, for it to stay open?  other websites allow me to navigate away from their pages, & come back just a few minutes later, without having to log in again.

i guess it's a security feature i will just have to live with, as raine suggested.  thank you all for the information.

(p.s.  hauling, my windows xp is mocking your vista...lol.  i also have firefox 3.0.4)

Message 9 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I'm about to cough up extra money and go back to a Mac. I can't take this Vista garbage much longer.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.