Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Affiliate Rewards Program?

tag
Tito1183
Regular Contributor

Affiliate Rewards Program?

Through my employer I just found that we participate in an Affiliate Rewards program.  The program generates a unique Control Number and says I'm entitled to receive up to 1% below factory invoice, just need to provide proof of employment such as W2 or recent paystub.  Still waiting for my RAM to arrive at the dealer.  MSRP is $64,835. What can I on average expect that to go down to through this program?  What's normally the difference between factory invoice and MSRP?  This was a welcomed surprise as I line up financing. 

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
mau471
Contributor

Re: Affiliate Rewards Program?

I can't speak to the specific pricing but a couple of things to keep in mind here, you will need to make sure your particular dealer participates in the program, and if they do theres no guarantee they will in the current market. Even if they meet both of the above, since you already ordered a vehicle they may not accept it since you already agreed to buy a vehicle and put a deposit down etc. (I am assuming here since I have not seen a dealer who will order a vehicle without a deposit even pre shortages).

Message 2 of 3
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Affiliate Rewards Program?

@mau471 wrote:

I can't speak to the specific pricing but a couple of things to keep in mind here, you will need to make sure your particular dealer participates in the program, and if they do theres no guarantee they will in the current market. Even if they meet both of the above, since you already ordered a vehicle they may not accept it since you already agreed to buy a vehicle and put a deposit down etc. (I am assuming here since I have not seen a dealer who will order a vehicle without a deposit even pre shortages).

@Tito1183 This above.  I still have quite a few friends who work in the industry so I have a very close ear to what's going on.  Lots of dealers are not participating at this time because they simply don't have the inventory rolling in to take the loss on any vehicle that they can definitely score over MSRP.  

It's not to say that there isn't any dealer out there that's still participating...just be mindful that it's very much an opt-in/opt-out for dealerships.  So if you run into one that is choosing not to participate, just know that it isn't any funny business as they are well within their right to not...and I'd be willing to venture a guess that more are opting (or have already opt'd) out of the program...at least until inventory gets better. 

Best of luck to you as you navigate your purchase. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.