Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved!

tag
27hello
Valued Member

Approved!

I had to post to announce that we just financed our first car since 2007!

We were terrified the entire time.  We've had nothing but older cars we could pay cash for for the last 9 years now.  But my old 96 4runner isn't doing so well, and we're tired of driving junk.  We took a deep breath and gave it a shot.

Credit score only 598.  $3000 down.  Do you believe in miracles???   Capital One gave us a loan for a 2009 Tahoe.  Terrible interest rate but we are taking it and running with the plan to refinance later.  We have high income, but our problem has always been that we are self employed.  They're wary of loaning to us, and that makes it hard to rebuild credit.

After so many years, it's hard to mind the interest when you finally feel like a functioning member of society again.  We've had nothing but a few secured credit cards since our 07 bankruptcy.  It feels like this car is our ticket to getting back on track.  Maybe in a couple years we can actually look for a house.

In the meantime it feels incredible to drive past car dealerships without wishing and wanting.  And we love the car.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Re: Approved!

Awesome!

Cap One has been a miracle to me after my BK!

2 years out I have two monster credit cards, get $50-$100 per month cash back, and...

they just prequalified me for $40k at 2.49% car loan.

I will be loyal to them even when the more prestigous cards come knocking again!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP

Congratulations on getting a car that you really like. Did you look into a local credit union? They can finance much better rates be it now or later.. Might save you quite a bit of money considering you might have gotten a huge APR...

Message 3 of 5
elim
Senior Contributor

congrats!

I love the body style of those,  I want a 15' lol

Message 4 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the purchase!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.