Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Loan Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto Loan Help

Hi guys,

I recently pulled a credit score of 611 and I'm looking to purchase a car. Don't want to spending big dollars. Probably no more than $15k. Current car is about to die so I'm most likely looking to purchase the car early next year and use a large bonus for a down payment of about 10-15%. Baddies on my report are late payment for 3 separate accounts, but all are now current. Any recommendations on how I should go about looking for financing and if I would even qualify anywhere? 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
amh783
New Contributor

Re: Auto Loan Help

I was approved with a 610 in February 2011 through Americredit (now GM Financial, i think?) for a $14k loan and the interest rate was something ridiculous like 14.5%. But I took it, paid it diligently for 6 months, and then refinanced through my credit union to 2.99. I was doing alot of credit repair at the time as well. HTH

Starting Score: April 2011: EQ 606 TU 585 EX FAKO 574
Current Score: Dec 2012: EQ 738 TU 740
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, was that through the dealership or did you go directly to the website or brick and mortar?

Message 3 of 4
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

You gotta go to the dealership.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.