Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Loan Refi Question

tag
MrCredit
Established Contributor

Auto Loan Refi Question

Is there a bank in existance in anyones opinion who could refi a 2011 Nissan Rogue SL that has a LTV of 120% and do better than 7.99%.

I currently have this car financed thru PSECU with a 7.99% rate for 84 months. The short story is my wife bought her first car and got ripped off, so she needed

a new car and we had to carry the negative equity to the new loan.

Currently the rate is 7.99%. Payment is $589.06. Credit score is about 750. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Auto Loan Refi Question

If you can qualify for membership, RBFCU.org 1.9% with that credit score, no matter the year or make. Good luck!! 

Message 2 of 7
MrCredit
Established Contributor

Her Grandpa is a member there I think. He lives in Texas. Do you know what their LTV requirement is? This is the main issue. We have a 120% LTV in the vehicle currently.

Message 3 of 7
MrCredit
Established Contributor

Do you know how they are about asking of paystubs, are they doc friendly or do they ask for everything?

Message 4 of 7
MrCredit
Established Contributor

How are they on asking for docs? Paystubs and that?
Message 5 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

I think most everyone will ask for paystubs for auto loans assuming you're W-2 employed.  I'd be awfully surprised if they didn't  these days.

        
Message 6 of 7
MrCredit
Established Contributor

Just a Thanks!

Just a thanks to AusTex. We applied for the loan with RBFCU and were approved. We did not get the 1.9% but instead got 2.4% on the refi which was fine with me.

Going from 7.99% to 2.40% is great in my book.  Thanks and kudos for the great tip. We cut 8 months off our previous loan and saved $30.00 a month.

Cheers!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.