Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto Loan

Want to try for an auto loan with Navy Federal. My name is on the mortgage but I don't pay it. I only have two credit cards in my name with total balances of 2k payment on both is 75.00. My credit score is 731, My income is 1600 per month. Do I have a chance. My husband makes twice as much as I do but his credit is in the 500s. Any comments will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Auto Loan

I would say maybe , but a high apr
Message 2 of 3
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Re: Auto Loan

We would need a little more info to assess your eligibility. Is your monthly income gross or net? Also, if you’re married, I think you can combine your incomes. You said you have two cards and a $2k balance. What are the limits on those cards and balance of each? Do you know the price range of cars you’re looking at and will you have a down payment? What are the ages of your accounts (oldest, youngest, avg)?

Your score is very good, but you might want to get your auto score to see where that stands (it can be lower or higher). Also, having the mortgage and two cards works in your favor for credit mix. I don’t doubt you’d get an auto loan (especially if you combine incomes) but all the other factors matter (age & utilization) for the rate and amount you’d qualify for.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.