Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto loan possibilities

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto loan possibilities

Hello I am new to this page. I'll get straight to the point. Currently I am overseas ,and when I get home I am looking to finance a new car. I sold mine before I left home. A honda civic coupe would be my car of choice. My current fico score is 720 and the length of credit history is 1 year. Will be about 1 year 3 months once I get home. I have 2 credit cards at 500 each, both unsecured. I dont plan on selling the car so depreciation is no issue to me, I plan to use it until the wheels fall off. Now what are my chances of getting an auto loan with honda financial or someone else? I know my limited/short credit history will probably be an issue. All my CC payments are on time, I always keep the utilization under 20%. I am looking to put 10k down and pay the car off in 3 years via putting money towards the principal. What are my chances? I'll basically need a 15k auto loan to get the car I want. My salary at home is 32k a year once home. Will I only get a loan at a high apr rate? First time buyers program? I'm just nervous
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Auto loan possibilities

You will get approved for a loan no problem. Just depends on how much...your DTI will dictate what the lender is willing to offer.
Message 2 of 5
Glen_M
Frequent Contributor

You mention being overseas -- is that military deployment?  There are some major credit unions that would be happy to finance a vehicle in that situation.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes currently overseas on a deployment with the military, dont really know how credit unions work. I suppose they are similar to getting a loan with a bank?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes regarding credit unions. If I was you I’d sign up for Navy Federal and PenFed and see which one has the best rates. I’ve got auto loans with both. PenFed beat Navy out on interest rate recently.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.