Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 Auto Navigator

tag
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

Cap1 Auto Navigator

I’ve looked at several pages and most seem to be a year old or more but I was wondering how reliable the pre approvals are. It looks like I can roughly finance about 60k up to 84 months at 4.29% with 1-2k down. (Lower interest if I go with a shorter term) I’ve got a few inquiries from shopping an auto loan lately but nothing horrible yet. Nothing but the inquiries has changed since the pre approval. C.C. uti is 8-9% no lates in 6 years or so DTI is good I believe - monthly payments are 1800-1900 I make around 85-89k / yr.

I’m just not keen on walking into a dealership and believing everything will go through so easily. There’s always a snag...

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1 Auto Navigator

I just recently had to buy a car using them.
I got the pre-approval but when I did the paperwork and the ran the numbers, I actually got a better interest rate.
Message 2 of 10
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

The dealer got you a better interest rate?

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

No. I still financed through Cap1 but when they submitted everything, Cap1 countered it's own rate. 🤷🏽‍♀️
Message 4 of 10
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

Well you can’t beat that I suppose

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are worried about pre-approvals not being solid, don't be.  Cap one is solid.  Good luck!

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 pre approvals are much more solid than most. as mentioned above, ive heard of several people getting better APR when they actually process their real application. also, if youre looking for more recent info, type in auto navigator, or whatever youre looking for, and be sure to sort by "date". it is set to "relevance" by default. now when you scroll by date, you just have to look before you click and make sure its a thread related to what you want. but good luck! keep us posted if you get a car!

Message 7 of 10
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

Just figured I’d update everyone - I’m working in Texas currently but purchasing in Alabama (I call it home even though I’m “home” 4 day out of the month) call up my salesman and explained what I wanted - new Denali 2500 diesel MSRP is 72900 ish I’m getting it out the door around 61k 84 (not fond of) months 4.29% rate 850 / month 3600 down all I have to do is call in tomorrow with my payment of 3600 and sign for it when I get in on Friday.

I can’t say that I’m excited as it’s the single largest thing I’ve ever signed for on my own but it’s an accomplishment of sorts I guess.

Message 8 of 10
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

I was prequalified and the entire process could not have been easier.

Filled out application at new car dealer and told them not to run my credit for any company except Cap One.

No snags, no hassle, no BS, no paystubs.

2.49% for 72 months with no money down.

(2.5 years ago)

Cap One interest rates vary depending on how good the deal is.  That is why they ask for VINs and loan amounts during prequal (or they used to.). That is why interest rates can go down at the dealership.  

No issues with account since opening except I don’t like that you can not paid more than a month ahead.

My scores averaged a little under 700 and was prequaled for $40k+some overages (only financed $30k)

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 9 of 10
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

Yeah it’s as simple as it gets, when I called I thought I was pretty clear by saying cap1 has given me a pre approval send it to them because I doubt that any one will beat the terms and then the alerts start rolling in the next best rate was 5.5... I’m a little bit upset about that but I knew going into it that would probably happen, I’d like for once a salesman / dealership to surprise me by not doing the normal.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.