Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Auto Nav- Simply Amazing

tag
ls2016
Frequent Contributor

Capital One Auto Nav- Simply Amazing

For the 2nd time in 2 years, Capital One Auto navigator approved me for a 2nd auto loan of $23,631 (2019 Chevy Camaro). I think I did pretty well negotiating the price of the car for my 21-year-old daughter. We traded in her 2017 Ford Focus. The camaro was her dream car, so since she's a really good, responsible kid, Cap 1 and myself helped her out. Anyway, my income is only $65,000 a year.

Cap 1 pulled all 3 scores which were around 705-715. No credit card debt. 4.51% rate, 84 months, $329 monthly payments. Cap 1 required $1,000 down. We went with the 84 month term because we are re-financing the car in her name within the next 3 months with NFCU (waiting for a few CC decreased balances to update/report on her credit first).

It blew my mind that I already have my own hefty car loan, but then Cap 1 approved me for another one! Simply Awesome! In fairness, NFCU did too...but at a 6.69% rate. I have a hefty mortgage and outragous student loans on my credit, on top of about 25 missed payments from a previous mortgage that are 3.5 years old, so my credit is not flawless by no means.

Current FICO 8s: Ex 768, Tu 741, Eq 741
Current FICO 9s: Ex 775, Tu ?? Eq 781
Total TLs: $120,000
8 (30-60 day) mortgage lates and 2 (30 day) auto lates remain from Jan., Feb. 2016
Current Mortgage Ex. Fico 2 787
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One Auto Nav- Simply Amazing

Cap One can be very generous.

I defend them often.

They gave me 2.49% with no money down for 72 months a couple of years ago.

My score average slightly below 700 at the time.

Congrats!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 2 of 3
tbque
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Auto Nav- Simply Amazing

Congrats on the approval with CapOne and good luck to DD on refinancing on her own with Navy in a couple of months!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.