Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Auto Navigator Success

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Auto Navigator Success

I managed to raise my score by almost 100 points in the past 8 months but I hadn't been at my 2nd job for over 6 months which CapOne requires. So just before my 6 month mark I prequalified with CapOne and then sent them my latest paystubs. They verified my employment and I started looking for a vehicle. I managed to find a 2018 Ford Fiesta 5 speed manual last week. I test drove it on Friday and tonight I went back in with my reference number, took it for another drive and then signed the paperwork and drove it home with no money down. I did accepet a tad higher APR than I wanted but I will refinance with PenFed when my score improves even more in a few months. I had my doubts about how easy it would be to use CapOne or if they would even approve me without any money down but the vehicle is in my driveway and I haven't even turned 50 miles on it.2018Ford.jpg

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Auto Navigator Success

Congrats 🎉🎊👏
Message 2 of 10
sccredit
Valued Contributor

I may be more impressed that you found a new car with a manual transmission Smiley LOL

Congrats on the approval and new car!

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was trying to find a used Civic or Corolla manual which I found out is not an easy thing to do when you live in a small city. I've always liked the Feista but would never had purchase an automatic so when I found this last week I was stoked. I'm super happy with the vehicle and being I live in Maine the heated seats are a bonus. 

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice! Get that thing ceramic coated ASAP to preserve that metallic paint! Great color!

Message 5 of 10
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

Congrats!! Nice wheels!!👍👍

DW’s car is thru Cap1 and they are awesome to deal with.

😊

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 6 of 10
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the new set of wheels.  Always fun and exciting to get a new car.  Happy to hear that CapOne made it easy for you.  Now get out there and have some fun in your new car!

Message 7 of 10
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your new car and thanks for sharing your journey with CapOne Auto Navigator. The website makes it sound easy but have always wondered.

When you went through the prequal process, did you state on the form that you were putting $0 down? I'm assuming that was reflected on the prices and rates you shopped online? Also, how accurate were the prices and rates reflected on the website versus once you arrived at the dealership?

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Be careful if you see a price you like that's far away. About a year ago my boyfriend found one through auto navigator and we drove 1.5 hours to go get it to find out the dealer didnt want to give us the car at that price. They claim it was a mistake on the part of the navigator. What a wasted trip.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@19eighty5 wrote:

Congratulations on your new car and thanks for sharing your journey with CapOne Auto Navigator. The website makes it sound easy but have always wondered.

When you went through the prequal process, did you state on the form that you were putting $0 down? I'm assuming that was reflected on the prices and rates you shopped online? Also, how accurate were the prices and rates reflected on the website versus once you arrived at the dealership?

Yes, I did place $0 down on the prequal form and I also changed the price of the vehicle to what I was going to pay. The APR was .5% more than what the website quoted but overall everything was pretty spot on. I have a cold at the moment so if I didnt' answer your question, please let me know as I'm not thinking clearly.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.