cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Blank Check recent experiences?

tag
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Capital One Blank Check recent experiences?

So I know this has been discussed often, but almost all the threads online are older in general..

Anyone use this recently? I was approved for 21k at 2.9 percent. My car just died so I was looking for a low or no money down alternative.. 

I do understand all the LTV stuff, so this question isn't in regards to 'if its stupid' to use it, or whatnot. specifically I am looking for people who have used this recently and what their experience was... I noticed on Cap1s site they had a lot of 'preferred dealers' -- are they as difficult to work with as some of the stories I have read on here about dealers?

What about Carmax? Anyone use them?

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
mahiven
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One Blank Check recent experiences?

I've used a C1 blank check in the past. Very simple. Received the check from C1 via FedEx. Comes with instructions. You have to buy from one of their preferred dealerships and cannot buy private. Shop as though you're paying cash. Fill out the check and sign it and go home.

03/19/2011 EQ: 627 EX: 602 TU 590 (lender pull) 07/16/2011 EQ: 646 EX: 629 TU 647 Fell off the wagon in 2012. Starting over in 2013.Current Score: 01/07/2013 EQ: 646 EX: ??? TU 608 Goal Score: 700 club

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.