Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Pre-Qual

tag
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Capital One Pre-Qual

It says it's no risk to credit score...is that true?  would this be an inquiry?  It does ask for SSN...

Also,  I have an existing loan through a CU.  There's a few thousand left owed, and I know my trade in would be worth more than that...so while I know i'll essentially lose most of the trade in benefit, it would at least pay off that loan...would that situation be an issue with most banks/dealers?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Pre-Qual

The Cap1 Pre-qualification for auto loan site is a SP and not an actual approval.

If they pre-approve you, you will go to the dealer who will do a HP as part of the process.

The situation you are describing happens all of the time. People still owo on their car and want to trade it in on a new or newer vehicle. The dealer pays off your old loan and uses any equity left (amount they give you for the trade minus the amount you owe on the trade) toward the new car. Just be careful as the dealers sell cars all day long and they have plenty of techniques to take your money!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.