tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Current auto refi rates

Seen promotional offers from two of my credit unions in the past two days:

Alliant 3.25% preapproval 60 months

DCU 2.49% possible 65 months

Penfed 4.25% 60 months   // not promotional but just sanity checking

Anyone seen any other great refinance rates?  I'm not sure if it's because we just ticked over a year or what but seems like some lenders are moving more into the auto loan market and if I weren't pinned under a likely 2 month close on new construction I'd be refinancing with a quickness.

        
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Mv350
Valued Contributor

Re: Current auto refi rates

2.49% on a refi?! That's awesome. I'm hoping for rates like that a year from now.

Message 2 of 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Mv350 wrote:

2.49% on a refi?! That's awesome. I'm hoping for rates like that a year from now.

Yeah, I actually reached out to ask how long they intended to run that for if it was a promotional rate (the verbiage suggested it was but wasn't clear like the Alliant one which is over 3/31 explicitly).

Saw that iced had posted that it was available on 2/10 too from DCU so it could've been around for a while, I only just saw it after logging into their interface just to double-check the HELOC... all sorts of unexpected cash items coming up, in this case current Cali condo went all in with LADWP grant to put in a bunch of chargers which, I can't pass up for 1.2k out of pocket getting one for my parking spots in a high density complex.  Going to be a fun LOE to write: "**bleep** are these?"  Sorry yo, this wasn't well planned at all, here's the list. Cat Tongue

        
Message 3 of 4
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

In July, rates were as low as 3.24, I think, which is when I refinanced (I got 3.49). Then in October, it went down again to 2.74, and I noticed in January it went to 2.49. Kinda wish I had gotten the now lower rates, but it was way better than my 6% so I saved money anyway. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.