Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU Cash Out Auto Refinance Approved

tag
Jmbamman
New Contributor

DCU Cash Out Auto Refinance Approved

Very impressed with DCU! Became a member,opened accounts, applied for refinancing, uploaded documents, done in just a few hours. I even got am email from FedEx for the payoff check sent a few hrs after that. 

Refinanced from GM Financial @4.59% 66 months remaining to DCU 65 months @1.49% w/banking relations. Will save thousands in interest! (2021 GMC Sierra) 

The one part I don't get is they never asked for proof of income but told me I have 90 days to have and maintain a checking account balance equal to the net pay of one paycheck. How do they know what my net pay is on my paycheck? So far awesome CU and very pleased!!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
brk1971
Frequent Contributor

Re: DCU Cash Out Auto Refinance Approved

@Jmbamman wrote:

Very impressed with DCU! Became a member,opened accounts, applied for refinancing, uploaded documents, done in just a few hours. I even got am email from FedEx for the payoff check sent a few hrs after that. 

Refinanced from GM Financial @4.59% 66 months remaining to DCU 65 months @1.49% w/banking relations. Will save thousands in interest! (2021 GMC Sierra) 

The one part I don't get is they never asked for proof of income but told me I have 90 days to have and maintain a checking account balance equal to the net pay of one paycheck. How do they know what my net pay is on my paycheck? So far awesome CU and very pleased!!

Most likely your employer's payroll processor participates with income verification services like TheWorkNumber and DCU uses them for income verification (most lenders use that one or a similar service). (If so, they know all they need to about your income.)

Fico8 = EQ 779, TU 802, EX 771 (6/22/2022), util = 6.5% ish
INQ in 12 mo: EQ 4, TU 4, EX 7
Cards: NFCU: Flagship VS $45k, Plat $24.3k, Plat $10.7k | Amex: Delta Reserve $50k | Citi: DC WE MC $28.8k | Discover: It $22.5k | Barclays: Juniper $15.25k | USAA: PCR VS $15k, RA $5k | UMB: SR VS $15k | PenFed: Path VS $20k, Plat Rew VS $15k | Synchrony: Lowes’s store $25k | Truist: Bright $10.5k, Bright $6.5k | Cap1: Venture1 Plat MC $10.3k, Kohls store $3k | Comenity: MyCash MC $17.5k | Wells Fargo: AC $10.3k | TD Bank: Target MC $6k (Reports as retail card despite now being MC) | BoA: CCR VS $30k | Affinity FCU: Premium VS $25k
Message 2 of 4
Jmbamman
New Contributor

Oh wow,  interesting. My employer uses Paycor. Thanks for the insight. 

@brk1971 wrote:

@Jmbamman wrote:

Most likely your employer's payroll processor participates with income verification services like TheWorkNumber and DCU uses them for income verification (most lenders use that one or a similar service). (If so, they know all they need to about your income.)

Message 3 of 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Congrats on the refi, 1.49% is a great rate, enjoy the savings!! Smiley Happy

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.