Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dealer Switch

tag
babbles
Established Contributor

Dealer Switch

was looking at a 2015 Nissan Sentra SV yesterday and the Nissan dealer did the possible  razzle dazzle I had never seen before.  Vehicle was in the back somewhere, new arrival.  They mistakenly showed us a photo of a car similar to the one we were to try out, then at the last minute after they saw our interest, the right car suddenly appeared , trashed on the inside and hadn't been reconditioned yet.  I read some bad reviews about this car anyhow, is this possible this was an international switch??  

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Dealer Switch

@babbles wrote:

was looking at a 2015 Nissan Sentra SV yesterday and the Nissan dealer did the possible  razzle dazzle I had never seen before.  Vehicle was in the back somewhere, new arrival.  They mistakenly showed us a photo of a car similar to the one we were to try out, then at the last minute after they saw our interest, the right car suddenly appeared , trashed on the inside and hadn't been reconditioned yet.  I read some bad reviews about this car anyhow, is this possible this was an international switch??  

They showed you a newer / more expensive car than the one you were interested in ?  That's certainly not uncommon, but not necessarily intentional, could be they're uploading pics of cars to online inventory before they're actually ready to sell.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 9
babbles
Established Contributor

You're right, showed us a more expensive car 

Message 3 of 9
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Well you can always say nope, if it's something that's out of your price range, or if you're set on a specific car.   They're in the business of trying to sell cars so it's not unusual for them to present other options to you.  

Message 4 of 9
babbles
Established Contributor

Oh boy!, didn't realize my step son had gone behind me once I left and did a signed sales agreement and all with these guys, I guess it's still pending him doing a test drive and actually liking the car or not.  They wanted his down payment but he wouldn't give them that till the test drive and wasn't financing with them,  I told him after the test drive if he likes good but if not walk away and say he didn't like the car, is that legal to walk away at that point??

Message 5 of 9
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@babbles wrote:

Oh boy!, didn't realize my step son had gone behind me once I left and did a signed sales agreement and all with these guys, I guess it's still pending him doing a test drive and actually liking the car or not.  They wanted his down payment but he wouldn't give them that till the test drive and wasn't financing with them,  I told him after the test drive if he likes good but if not walk away and say he didn't like the car, is that legal to walk away at that point??

Depends on what's in the "sales agreement" but hopefully there's some flexibility in there that would allow him to bail if he's not happy with the car.  At least I haven't heard of any instances where someone was held to a vehicle sales agreement even if they didn't want to buy the car. 

Message 6 of 9
babbles
Established Contributor

Thanks much it worked out well!

Message 7 of 9
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Glad to hear it !  What car did he end up purchasing and what loan terms ?

Message 8 of 9
babbles
Established Contributor

2014 Lexus es350, beautiful car, had an es300h some years ago

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.