Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO AUTO SCORE

tag
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

FICO AUTO SCORE

Was thinking about helping my niece purchase a car and apped thru cap one auto just to get an idea, but will most likely just go thru my local CU.  Didnt really even think about it after, but today I get something saying they pulled a Auto score Experian, and it was 645. Now , I have my subscription here and my lowest of any auto version is TU 4 at 714/ What the heck is going on. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO AUTO SCORE

I would call Cap One (that's who "they" is, right?) next week, between 10 am and 3 pm Eastern and ask to speak with a loan officer.  It's important to speak to an LO rather than just a run of the mill rep.  See if they can tell you what scoring model was used and ask them if they can confirm it was run on Experian data.

There's also the possibility that your scores on Experian have taken a pronounced dive recently due to something bad appearing on your report.  (A derog of some kind, say, or something else.)  If that had happened you would not necessarily find out about from myFICO until the next time all your scores were run.

Message 2 of 9
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

No derogatory, update since the day on this pull is still way above . I did just notice date of pull on the letter is 7/28 and I apped on 8/21. It says currently a pending or recently processed application . I m thinking something is wrong here
Message 3 of 9
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

A score of 645 is indicitive of a derogatory on file. Have you had any accounts in dispute? Accounts in dispute are not included in scoring. Once a dispute has been concluded a negative, if still present, will start counting again (e.g. late or collection). As CGID mentions sometimes an old derogatory can reappear. This can happen with collections turned over to a 3rd party which then reports it to the CRA(s).

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 4 of 9
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Guys , 645 is NOT my score, I did not apply in July when the date of the score pull is! Just applied last week and have no other applications in process . This has to be someone else’s application and score from July. My scores are well above 700 on the auto side and almost 800 08. I don’t think identity theft but more a mix up on capnone side ??
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have access to a tool that will give you your Experian report frequently?  Depending on what myFICO product you have, your last report could have been a long time ago.

I suggest you enroll at creditscore.com -- which will give you an EX report (and a FICO 8 score) for free every month.  You can pair that with Credit Karma which gives you your TU and EQ reports as often as once a week.

Given what you describe, I'd be very interested in seeing my inquiries at all three reports (especially EX) for the last 60 days.  Those tools will show you that.

Message 6 of 9
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

My 3 B report just updated yesterday! Not a 645 anywhere , and of course i use Ck for any changes as well as exp and my credit cards
Message 7 of 9
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Also CGID this would have been a soft pull , So I think I will have to look at annual reports for that to show
Message 8 of 9
jl4
Established Contributor

So your Experian report would have two auto scores, FICO 2 and FICO 8. Are they both higher or is one more in line with what CO reported? Do you bank with CapitalOne in any way, currently? (Credit Card, etc.) If so, they might re-used file data from the last time they SP'd you instead of pulling fresh. 

EQ8: 779 (Inq: 1) | TU8: 771 (Inq: 0) | EX8: 763 (Inq: 4)
Total Rev: $182,500
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.