Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory order

tag
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Factory order

@Gmood1 wrote:

Just placed a factory order for a  new model that isn't on the lots yet.

I have zero intentions of paying over invoice for it. And will absolutely not pay MSRP.

They can keep it and sell it to some one else, if that's the case.

Too many vehicles are being built daily, to take a hosing on one vehicle IMHO. 

Same folks buying over MSRP are the same ones paying ludacris prices for housing.😂

Ether way, you'll be upside down, once the market settles and corrects itself..

@Gmood1 That may be true but there are some folks who can afford to pay over MSRP for a car and crazy pricing for houses.  Not everyone has the same financial situation.  What may seem extreme to some may be a drop in the bucket to others.  

Message 41 of 50
iced
Valued Contributor

@Loquat wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

Just placed a factory order for a  new model that isn't on the lots yet.

I have zero intentions of paying over invoice for it. And will absolutely not pay MSRP.

They can keep it and sell it to some one else, if that's the case.

Too many vehicles are being built daily, to take a hosing on one vehicle IMHO. 

Same folks buying over MSRP are the same ones paying ludacris prices for housing.😂

Ether way, you'll be upside down, once the market settles and corrects itself..

@Gmood1 That may be true but there are some folks who can afford to pay over MSRP for a car and crazy pricing for houses.  Not everyone has the same financial situation.  What may seem extreme to some may be a drop in the bucket to others.  

Also probably worth noting it's hard to be upside-down on a car (or home) you pay cash for. 

Message 42 of 50
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Loquat  very true very true! I'm a tightwad. No matter how much I have, I will never have enough to just give away on a vehicle..if I can help it.😂

Having worked for a major auto manufacture, and watched the same vehicle roll of the line every 60 seconds. I probably have a different mind set on buying vehicles. Just knowing how many are made in a day. Changed the way I think when it comes to  "I have to have it thinking".

@iced , yeah until you try to unload it. 😉

You're still upside down, if you take a loss in order to sell it.

Message 43 of 50
iced
Valued Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:

@Loquat  very true very true! I'm a tightwad. No matter how much I have, I will never have enough to just give away on a vehicle..if I can help it.😂

Cars are depreciating assets. I always assume I won't ever get my money back when buying one, no different than a TV or computer.

Message 44 of 50
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@iced wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

Cars are depreciating assets. I always assume I won't ever get my money back when buying one, no different than a TV or computer.

In this current market, some homes are also depreciating assets. Especially if you buy at the wrong time.

And yes, no doubt we are all throwing money away on vehicles.

Message 45 of 50
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@iced wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

+1000.  99% of the time I buy a car out of want more so than need, so I guess I'm constantly throwing money away. LOL!  And if I'm to be honest, I happily do it.  

Everyone has their thing, for me, it's cars.  I like having a fairly new car...and the faster the better.  I'm in my mid 30s and I've had more new cars than I am in years old.  So yea, I throw a lot of money away and will probably continue to do so for the foreseeable future.  

Message 46 of 50
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Gmood1 wrote:

@iced wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

In this current market, some homes are also depreciating assets. Especially if you buy at the wrong time.

And yes, no doubt we are all throwing money away on vehicles.

@Gmood1 Same here.  I just bought a new car in February and I'm already in the mood for a new one now.  But I'll hold on to this for another year or so and hopefully by then the market have come back around to a somewhat version of normal.  

Message 47 of 50
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

I'm very curious about leasing in the current market as opposed to buying. I wonder if the residuals are boosted due to the current high prices on used vehicles.

As far as when things will return to normal, if I had to guess I'd say some time next summer maybe. Right now there are still chip shortages that impact all vehicles and those shortages don't seem to be resolving as quickly as I'd have hoped.

Message 48 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@disdreamin wrote:

I'm very curious about leasing in the current market as opposed to buying. I wonder if the residuals are boosted due to the current high prices on used vehicles.

As far as when things will return to normal, if I had to guess I'd say some time next summer maybe. Right now there are still chip shortages that impact all vehicles and those shortages don't seem to be resolving as quickly as I'd have hoped.

Not really... I have been watching the forums over at Leasehackr and there aren't any unusually high residual values. Manufacturers are certainly going to assume, and rightly so, that these inflated used car prices are going to end well before the 3 year lease term expires. There aren't any exceptional lease deals right now, there are some good deals to be found but none of those are truly worth seeking out unless you just want or need a vehicle.

Message 49 of 50
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Not really... I have been watching the forums over at Leasehackr and there aren't any unusually high residual values. Manufacturers are certainly going to assume, and rightly so, that these inflated used car prices are going to end well before the 3 year lease term expires. There aren't any exceptional lease deals right now, there are some good deals to be found but none of those are truly worth seeking out unless you just want or need a vehicle.

Thanks, I hadn't looked into it but kept wondering. I don't think they're wrong about the inflated used car prices being a temporary thing, of course.

Message 50 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.