Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freezing all but one credit report when applying through TFS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Freezing all but one credit report when applying through TFS

Hi all,

I poked around a little bit but I wasn't able to find an answer to my question. Someone mentioned to me a while ago that they froze all but one of their credit reports when applying for an auto loan through Toyota Financial. They effectively chose the most attractive report and then froze the two others. Has anyone ever heard of this being done?

I'm looking at a Corolla lease pretty soon, and right now my TU is between 10 and 30 points higher than EQ or EX, so this sounds like it might be a good option for me. Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
settleordelete
Regular Contributor

Re: Freezing all but one credit report when applying through TFS

If your credit is tier 1 (720+) or tier 2 (690 -719) with Tu, Eq or Ex then you should get a great lease rate through TFS.
I've been where you are trying to go and I don't wanna go back.
Message 2 of 7
tbque
Valued Contributor

One of the Mods can correct me if I’m wrong but I believe it’s frowned upon and against the Forums TOS to discuss freezing CRs to try and gain an advantage for securing credit.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apologies - I had no idea it was against policy to discuss. I'm relatively new to this, so I wasn't sure if it was a common thing to do or not. 

It sounds like TFS will take the highest score anyway. 

Thanks!

Message 4 of 7
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Discussions about freezing CRA in order to force HP on a particular CRA are not in accordance with TOS. 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:

Discussions about freezing CRA in order to force HP on a particular CRA are not in accordance with TOS. 

Understood - can I delete this thread?

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

For auto underwriting lenders use different bureaus in certain states, so if for example your TU is frozen and that’s the bureau used your loan will just be turned down until it is no longer frozen.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.