Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GM Financial Credit Reporting

tag
Lionessk
Visitor

GM Financial Credit Reporting

Hello!

Back in 2019, I did a voluntary repossession with GM Financial. The company has not reported it to the credit bureaus. In fact, it shows open with a $0 balance on two reports and the other reports shows the actual monthly payment. So, it has not negatively impacted my credit yet. I have since then purchased another car.

I am now trying to purchase another car and due to my credit report showing another open car loan, the offers I am getting are not favorable. I want to put GM financial behind me and willing to pay what I owe, but I am afraid to see the hit once they start reporting. Has anyone been in this situation before? What would you do?

Does anyone have the email to the CEO of GM financial? Maybe I can ask for a PFD. 

6 REPLIES 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: GM Financial Credit Reporting

@Lionessk wrote:

Hello!

Back in 2019, I did a voluntary repossession with GM Financial. The company has not reported it to the credit bureaus. In fact, it shows open with a $0 balance on two reports and the other reports shows the actual monthly payment. So, it has not negatively impacted my credit yet. I have since then purchased another car.

I am now trying to purchase another car and due to my credit report showing another open car loan, the offers I am getting are not favorable. I want to put GM financial behind me and willing to pay what I owe, but I am afraid to see the hit once they start reporting. Has anyone been in this situation before? What would you do?

Does anyone have the email to the CEO of GM financial? Maybe I can ask for a PFD. 

To clarify, your old auto account isn't reporting as derogatory on any of your credit reports?    You're having an issue with approval because the old auto account monthly payment is being counted in your DTI ?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 7
Lionessk
Visitor

That is correct

Message 3 of 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Which creditors are you looking at approvals with, and are they pulling all three of your reports?

If GM Financial updates your account now and it reports negatively it will tank your scores and probably put your pending approval at risk.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 7
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

@Lionessk I certainly wouldn't contact GM Financial as they will update your credit reports to reflect the repo and your scores may drop and suffer. I currently have an auto loan with GM Financial and I'm certain they wouldn't do a PFD but would report the balance owed at $0.00 which may make a small difference for you. Wishing you a favorable resolution!!!

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 5 of 7
Lionessk
Visitor

So far Capital One Auto and Carmax and I believe they are checking all 3. 

Message 6 of 7
Lionessk
Visitor

Ok. Thank you.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.