cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GM Financial Leases - what FICO score are they currently using?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GM Financial Leases - what FICO score are they currently using?

I have been rebuidling my credit for several years now, bouncing back from IRS lien (paid) and medical collections (paid).  That being said, I'm looking to lease a new vehicle. I have paid my current care off through PNC Bank.  Does anyone know which FICO score GM Financial is currently using and what their minimun score for approvals has been lately?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GM Financial Leases - what FICO score are they currently using?

It really depends on your location as far as what bureau they will pull, they can and will pull all three bureau's if requested. In addition, GM financial is not a "score based lender" they have an automatic underwriting system that uses a complex algorithm to determine the tier you are placed in. Many thing's are considered in their tiering system, income, LTV, DTI, PTI, stability (residence/job time), vehicle age, mileage, etc. A person with a not so great score, can very well be placed into a higher tier simply because their system like's the customer due to a thick file, good income, good stability, low LTV, etc.

Message 2 of 9
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

I just got a lease with GM Financial they use FICO auto 9. What state u in will determine which bureau they pull what state are u in?
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Florida
Message 4 of 9
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

GM financial will use Equifax as the Primary Bureau for Florida.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

What bureau do they use in Indiana?

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Curious as to if there is an online source with this info. I've tried google but haven't found anything concrete.

This is definitely sticky material, should we have people give the bureau used for various auto banks (Toyota, GM, Chrysler, etc...)

with that said, any info on bureau's for MD and VA?

Message 7 of 9
JGGM
Frequent Contributor

I could be wrong, but I think the version used depends on what the dealer has set up. For instance, where I work, we use FICO EQ5, TU 4, EX 2. Where I am located (Texas) nearly every lender we use requires EQ as their bureau used for decision. There are some places that will allow for a backup score with either EX or TU, and then there is one credit union that will let us submit whatever bureau we like.

GMF definitely uses Equifax here, and does not typically allow for a backup score from another bureau. And, while GMF is not necessarily "score driven" (they claim this every time their rep is here), they still do not strike me as one of the more lenient lenders. And if you have ever burnt them or Americredit, they hold a grudge for quite some time.

Current Score 7-1-21: TU: 812 EX: 805 EQ: 839
Goal Score:ACHIEVED - 800 Across the Board
In My Wallet: Cap1 QS - PenFed Power Cash Rewards - PenFed Promise - AmEx Delta Platinum - DISCO - NFCU Cash Rewards - Chase Sapphire Preferred

Message 8 of 9
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Curious as to if there is an online source with this info. I've tried google but haven't found anything concrete.

This is definitely sticky material, should we have people give the bureau used for various auto banks (Toyota, GM, Chrysler, etc...)

with that said, any info on bureau's for MD and VA?

They use EQ  in  MD, VA hope this helps.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.