Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gain Federal Credit Union Refinance Approved

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Gain Federal Credit Union Refinance Approved

I had to send most of my life to them since I'm self-employed but finally after 8 emails and a phone call it was approved!

I went from 14.9% with Capital One on 72 months to 3.59 on 60 months. My payment dropped $110!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Gain Federal Credit Union Refinance Approved

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the refinance at a significantly better rate.
Going forward I wouldn't even bother telling a Credit Union you're self employed. I've yet to come across one that makes loan funding or credit card applications easy for someone that is. They'll usually request past two years of tax returns. I always list my business name, myself as a manager and it's as easy as sending over a copy of my ID and the refinance is finalized.
Message 3 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Congratulations on the refinance at a significantly better rate.
Going forward I wouldn't even bother telling a Credit Union you're self employed. I've yet to come across one that makes loan funding or credit card applications easy for someone that is. They'll usually request past two years of tax returns. I always list my business name, myself as a manager and it's as easy as sending over a copy of my ID and the refinance is finalized.

I agree! I never say I'm self-employed but upon income verification being requested then it changes!

Message 4 of 12
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thats fantastic CA!!! YAY, congrats! What an accomplishment!
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict I am thinking about joining them and requesting a credit card but am self-employed also. What all did they ask you to send in? 

Message 6 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict I am thinking about joining them and requesting a credit card but am self-employed also. What all did they ask you to send in? 

I first joined years ago when it was Burbank credit union and I drove for Uber and lift and they used my weekly statements to establish my income.

fast forward now I'm in a different business they used tax returns bank statements and loan receivable statements to establish income.

I'll send anything and everything if someone is willing and seems to know what to look for.

just personal taxes usually is worthless because of losses but if they will combine it with business too we can start to get somewhere!

only a couple employees that you work woth and once you have 1 depending on loan, you are only dealing with them so it's a bit easier and not have things lost in translation!!

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm, I applied with Unify and they wanted my taxes with my schedule C showing business income for a $2500 line then got denied because of my losses and net income from business. Tried PenFed they also pre-approved then ended up denying me due to length of time accounts established and because of inquiries but I have a BK only showing on Experian. Might try my luck with PACU. Appreciate the info. 

Message 8 of 12
snickerpedia
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations!! 

any data points about joining gain Fcu?? Hard or soft pull?? Chex systems/sensitive??

TU - 785
EX - 771
EQ - 779

Citi premier 13
CSP 29
X1 33.5k
/CIU 6k
Message 9 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@snickerpedia wrote:

Congratulations!! 

any data points about joining gain Fcu?? Hard or soft pull?? Chex systems/sensitive??

no pull that I know of.

no chex system

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.