cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has Anyone Done Business With Ally Financial?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has Anyone Done Business With Ally Financial?

If you have an auto loan with them, please give me your honest opinion about them, as the rrviews are horrific.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Has Anyone Done Business With Ally Financial?

We had our auto loan about a year before we paid it in full so we didn't have much experience with them.... we just know that they're the cheapest the car lot offered for financing and their customer service was bad.
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

You probably won't get a good response unless you post a 4th time......
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really Guy?

Can you offer me any mature, factual, empirical advice or not?

Message 4 of 17
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Have had 2 cars financed and paid off through Ally.  Used to be GMAC.  Great experiences with both.  I don't have anything bad to say about them.

Message 5 of 17
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

I had purchased a car in 2016 and they financed it i made my payments on time never heard a peep out out of them my current car is a lease and it is leased thru them as well.

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

People who write bad reviews tend to be the ones who don't make their payment's in a timely manner. I take reviews on lender's and other products online, with a grain of salt..typically the only people who leave a review are the one's who had an unpleasant experience, not the many people who had a pleasant one.

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

We paid ours on time (never late, never almost late) and only contacted them once for something not negative and still found customer service to be lacking... for no reason... or maybe the rep had a bad day. We would still finance with them again though because honestly contacting them isnt usually necessary and their rates were lower.

I'd have to agree with the other posters... sometimes people just dont leave good reviews just because theyre not fired up enough to do so. Dont freak out just yet... wait and ask them when they have processed your account.
Message 8 of 17
chiefone4u
Established Contributor

So far all has gone well for us. They were the only bank willing to loan $39k for a $34k vehicle and allow more than 36 months to pay for it.

I make a payment every week on a loan that was scheduled to be 84 months (not smart to go that long I know) after twelve months of weekly payments it says there are 65 payments remaining-- to clarify the shady looking math, the minimum payment is $619 a month and we pay $175 a week (roughly $700 a month).

I have spoken with someone with Ally 3 times now, first encounter was three day's after taking possession of the vehicle-- they called me and asked for my ssn, I told them I don't provide that information to people over the phone -- the caller was frustrated with my response and informed me they would mail the welcome packet to the address provided since I refused to cooperate with them.

Second encounter was myself calling them to verify they would count weekly payments as valid payment as long as all weekly payments equaled or exceeded the minimum monthly payment by the payment due date -- they confirmed this was acceptable.

Third was to discuss a possible home loan. The LO was awesome to deal with sufficiently answered all of my questions and offered some pointers to improve my pre-qualification loan amount (F.Y.I. you must stay with the same employer for two years for them to consider part-time employment income as income for a home loan. Full time employment counts at any length so long as there have been no gaps exceeding 35 days).

Overall, I wouldn't hesitate to get another auto loan from Ally (I only wish they allowed me to track the loan in Quicken).
Goodwill Saturation Technique
Starting Score: EQ:608, EX:617, TU:625
Current Score 3/11/2020: EQ:695, EX:703, TU:720
Goal Score: 740+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Discover IT $1000Cabelas Clasic $1000Coscto Anywhere Signature Visa -Citi- $7200ExxonMobil Smartcard -Citi- $2500Playstation Visa (Comenity) $1950QuickSilver One $2200Walmart $6000Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $3000
Member of the Synchrony Bank giveth then Taketh away April 2020 Club! $86,900 in available credit gone without warning.
Newest Account July 8, 2020 -- Last HP October 24, 2020 -- Gardening Goal: August 2022 and reach 0/24
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, the extra payments went to principle and Ally had no issues with it and calculated it correctly?

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.