Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help....Trying to get an Acura

tag
meka1984
Regular Contributor

Help....Trying to get an Acura

I have a 2010 Honda through Honda Financial and I am trying to get an Acura TL. We only have 1 car and need another. So, the dealer says Acura may not finance you bc you have a Honda account. What???!!! Please help me. I have never been late on my Honda. Is this accurate?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Re: Help....Trying to get an Acura

Have you tried talking to another dealership? If you have never been late and your income can support the car note what the dealer said makes no sense.

Edit to add: I believe from reading your post again that you are still paying on the first car. Is it possible that you have too much negative equity in the loan that they can not secure the financing?

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 5
sccredit
Valued Contributor

I think he is actually trting to purchase a second vehicle, in addition to the first.  If income will supoort it I don't see why it should be an issue.  Maybe look at another dealer or brand?  Local CU?

Message 3 of 5
creditwatcher2012
Frequent Contributor

You should be fine obtaining anther loan through America Honda, granite your income had to warrant it
Message 4 of 5
dabrian
Frequent Contributor

As long as your income can support both cars it won't be a problem. 

NFCU Sig Cash-20k/ Amex BCP-19.4k/ Amex Costco-1.2k/Chase Marriott-12k/CSP-13.4k/ Freedom-5.5k/ Discover IT-14k/NCSECU-5k/Walmart-10k/Lowes-25k
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.