cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you go about negotiating?

freerunningmn
Established Member

Re: How do you go about negotiating?

unfortunately the best way is to call and ask a salesman, or you can go to the dealership, drive through the lot and try to find it...my personal opinion is to email in a lead, internet sales managers are normally people who can pull up inventory, sales logs, dealer trade logs and will normally be up front and honest about the availability of a vehicle. myself, i'm always up front with my customers, if i lose a sale because of it, so be it, but atleast i show that i'm an honest salesman.

Message 11 of 13
tryingforgoals
Valued Member

Thank you all for the advice, I have decided to change my mind and go with a Ford Focus SE instead. The people at the Ford dealerships around here were a lot better than at the Chevrolet around here. I negotiated the price down some already and I think I will be going back tonight and getting the car.

Capital One Secured Card (8/2020):$200 Capital One Platinum (1/2021):$200 Chime Credit Builder (9/2020)
Starting Score:
TU:569(1/2021) EQ:529 (1/2021) EX:595 (1/2021)
Current Score: TU:569(1/2021) EQ:529(1/2021) EX:595 (1/2021)
Goal Score: TU & EQ: 700+
Message 12 of 13
sccredit
Valued Contributor

When I bought DW's car I knew I hit bottom when the sales manager let me walk off the lot.  He called the next day, said he could do $85 lower on the price of the car and would not entertain anything below that, I could take it or leave it.  The price was about $2,000 below the "average" selling price and was a hard color/package combo to find.  

Ch 7 Discharge 3/12/2018
Cap One VentureOne $3,500, CapOne Savor $5,300, Kohls $3,000, BBVA $2,500
Infiniti Financial Lease
Goal: New Mortgage 3/2022
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.