Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does Refinancing Work?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How does Refinancing Work?

Just got a car loan at 15.59% @_@ for 72 months
Looking to refinance here withing a few months after my scores pick up from the high utilitazation on my credit cards. 

• Bought the car for 23,500. The Car is valued at $26,700 at least at my local CU. [Who originally told me I needed a co-signer to be approved Smiley Sad ]
• Can I Refinance at a lower % for a LESS amount of time? [My payments right now are $545.98.. And I can afford to make them.
I wouldn't mind keeping that high of payment as long as my % is lower and I'm paying the car off faster, can I do this?]

• Should I expect my score to take a large dip once the loan actually hits my credit? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How does Refinancing Work?

i bought a car in 8/2015 14% 29k thru WFDS. in december i refinanced thru my CU and got it down to 7% and dropped over $100.00 off of it monthly. so depending on who u got it financed thru u could see if the CU will refinance it for u.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How does Refinancing Work?

@Anonymous wrote:

i bought a car in 8/2015 14% 29k thru WFDS. in december i refinanced thru my CU and got it down to 7% and dropped over $100.00 off of it monthly. so depending on who u got it financed thru u could see if the CU will refinance it for u.

Yea I was told by my CU rep to apply for re-financing in about 6 months. So perhaps I will do that. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.