Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lending Tree

tag
dpage
Contributor

Lending Tree

Hello everyone!,

I was curious to know how lendingtree.com works? I saw an older post with the same question but it wasn't answered. When you go through Lending tree will it be 1 inq or is your information sent out to various companies and they all do hard pulls? My wife and I are considering purchasing a new and I might use lending tree to obtain financing. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Proud home owner
Lender Pull 03/28/2011 EQ:708 TU:698 EXP:709

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Lending Tree

well when it comes to car buying you have a window to shop around as much as you want just like with Mortgages.  It's worth a try to see what comes back... I did it over 6 months ago but I was applying to so many different places I'm not sure I remember rather it was just 1 pull from LendingTree or pulls from everyone... (sorry)

What are you looking to buy? these days so many of the auto lenders are offering great low APR to try to get people to buy... nice to go in with a pre-approval but let them try to beat whatever rate you get elsewhere.

Also local credit union is probably going to also be better then LendingTree's banks they work with.

Message 2 of 6
dpage
Contributor

My wife and I are looking to buy another Nissan Altima, possibly 2009 maybe 2010. I have a 2006 now and love it. She has a Honda Accord (2000) which we plan on keeping for a 3rd car. I'm worried about being denied for too many inq's. We closed on our home a little over 2 months ago and have accumalated quite a few new accounts. I'm looking for a good deal with minimum inq's. I don't belong to any cu's but we do bank with wells fargo but they already denied us for an auto loan. (I couldn't believe it!)

Proud home owner
Lender Pull 03/28/2011 EQ:708 TU:698 EXP:709

Message 3 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

The inq from the house won't be a problem.

Now that I know you want a Nissan!!! They are one of the easiest companies to get financing through... They go as low as 600-620 range to tier 3 you which gives you all the promo rates they are offering... you probably won't beat those rates going through a CU or Lending Tree.

Message 4 of 6
p-
Valued Contributor

@dpage wrote:

Hello everyone!,

I was curious to know how lendingtree.com works? I saw an older post with the same question but it wasn't answered. When you go through Lending tree will it be 1 inq or is your information sent out to various companies and they all do hard pulls? My wife and I are considering purchasing a new and I might use lending tree to obtain financing. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

If you know what you want, try getting prequalified through your credit union.  That might save you some points on interest.  If you're not a member of one, sign up.

Message 5 of 6
cdtotten
Established Contributor

They will send your info out to multiple different banks, each of which will likely pull your credit. Yes, all inquiries for car purchasing within a set period of time (depends on scoring model) will be counted as one, however:

1. Not all inquiries always get coded the correct way, so there is no guarentee they will only count as 1.

2. Reminder: Just because they only count as 1, that does not mean they don't all show up on your reports. This can usually result in someone being automatically declined for a credit product because the inquiry count is too high. Yes, you can usually recon and explain the situation, but multiple inquiries (whether scored or not) is never a good thing.

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.