cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lexus Financial - What FICO score version do they use.

tag
sjt
Senior Contributor

Lexus Financial - What FICO score version do they use.

Does anyone know what auto enhanced FICO score version do they use? Is the eariler versions 2,3,4,5 or FICO 08 or 09.

Thanks in advance!

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lexus Financial - What FICO score version do they use.

I'm not sure, but hopefully someone who knows will respond ☺️

I just googled and there were different pulls from all 3 bureaus. 

Message 2 of 8
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

They used TU auto enhanced 08 for me when I used  them about 2.5 years back... They also did a second pull on EQ to ensure nothing was fishy on my profile, but used my TU score.. So coudl be either TU or EQ, but will be the 08 auto enhanced or still should be

>720 btw gave the best rates

Message 3 of 8
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

@sjt wrote:

Does anyone know what auto enhanced FICO score version do they use? Is the eariler versions 2,3,4,5 or FICO 08 or 09.

Thanks in advance!

^^^

I came into the Lexus dealer with a PenFed auto approval at 2.74%.

Dealer said they can offer 1.9%.

You fill out a form, put ID info, income, # years at address, SS# etc

They run a credit report and give you your score, I am not sure what else they see but dn't show you

In my wife's case (she applied not me since I had the pednfed approval), Lexus hit Toyota financial and Lexus financial so 2 hard hits

Her experian report had a fraud block we placed so they couldn't see anything, but based on Transunion of 800 auto score they said she was approved, but Lexus financial might call to get the ok for the Experian to see her report there...but we never got the call so I guess they relied on Transunion.

In our case it was quick and painless and over the past 2 weeks we just saw those 2 hits: Toyota financial and Lexus financial.

We got the 1.9% rate so we did not use my penfed 2.74% approval.

Message 4 of 8
j615
Regular Contributor

Just leased a car from Lexus beginning of this month.

Printout from dealer given says:
Fair Isaac Auto Loan Model V8
Source: Experian
Score: 751

I ended up leasing, but APR offered to me was 1.9% if financed.
Message 5 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Used to work for LFS/TFS.

FICO 8 Auto Enhanced back then still that today AFAIK and other reports here.

They will compete for your loan and have a loan product for just about everyone; and yes, we pulled from any of the 3 bureaus heh... dedicated links to all 3 bureaus and FICO too actually though I never did figure out what we used that circuit for at the time.

        
Message 6 of 8
talktohoov
Valued Member

I researched this like crazy and even called Lexus/Toyota myself. I was told it was auto enhanced 08 but couldn’t get a confident answer whether it was Equifax or Experian. My wife and I leased a 2018 LX 570 on Friday and they pulled Equifax and Transunion 08 and used Equifax. My pull was a 733 and it qualified for their Tier1+ which is their best. I was told this Tier starts at 720 but from 690 -720 there isn’t much difference. I hope this helps.
Message 7 of 8
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

I bought a new Toyota about a month ago and they pulled EQ and used my Fico Auto 5 score.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.