Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Approval!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Approval!!!

This is my first post and I am finally excited to have something of value to add to the group.  About 10 months ago, my SUV was totaled in one of the worse hail storms the country has ever seen.  I took my insurance payout in hopes of purchasing a replacement car to last me until I deployed.  I went into NFCU to get a loan and couldn’t even get approved for a 10k loan.  This discouraged me greatly, but also forced me to deal with credit issues that I had allow to linger over my head for way too long.  I turned to this forum to get ideas on how to get my financial life back on track.  Thru tips learned from here as well as just an ounce of good financial sense, I was able to increase my credit score by over 100 points.  Today as I get closer to coming back to the US, I decided to try my luck again with NFCU.  As I got to the consent screen, I was afraid to hit continue as I was afraid of taking a HP for a denial.  I asked for 46K just to see if it would work since I had an established credit history with NFCU with their credit building loan.  After a few second counting moments, I got the shock of a life time!!! Not only was my 46K approved, but they said I could have 54K.  I was floored.  This has made my night and I am here to attest that with a little work and perseverance you can rebound and overcome!!

16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Approval!!!

Congratulations!  Way to go with the hard work to gain back financial freedom and credit building.  Thank you for sharing your experience.  Please let us know what vehicle you decide to get Smiley Happy

Thank you for your service.

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.  I had nothing but time and opportunity to make positive change.  I can't wait to post my new baby!!

Message 3 of 17
VanderSnoot
Established Contributor

Congratulations! I love the stories of Navy's role in rebuilding. Good work, and thank you for your service.
Message 4 of 17
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

Do you mind providing previous and current DP's? I'm currently looking into a Car Loan with either NFCU or BECU for 60k (Tesla Model 3) Smiley Happy almost done savings up 10% downpayment just incase.
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure,

According to myFICO EQ 673, TU 647, EX 644. Auto9 EQ 670, TU 647, EX 680 as.  All as of the 8th of June.  Previous were all below 520 back in September 18.  Happy hunting!!

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the support.  Yes it is true they are great when it comes to rebuilding.  Highly recomended.

Message 7 of 17
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

Thank you!

That's awesome information!
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Sure,

According to myFICO EQ 673, TU 647, EX 644. Auto9 EQ 670, TU 647, EX 680 as.  All as of the 8th of June.  Previous were all below 520 back in September 18.  Happy hunting!!

Good stuff. Congrats! on your sweet approval. 

Which bureau did they HP and was your application done entirely online? Any verifications needed to be provided?

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey,

They pulled from EX, I completed the entire app online and no documentation required. I opted to retrieve my check via local office once I return to the states.
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.