Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nfcu auto loan process

tag
Begin_anew1
Valued Member

Nfcu auto loan process

Can someone who applied for the navy federal car loan walk me through the process it took to get the approval and vehicle. As. Well as the time frame and documents requested. Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4
WD2005
Contributor

Re: Nfcu auto loan process

I applied at like 9p at night. Put in for $30K. Was approved I think that night or early the next morning. They sent out a blank check that I took to the dealer. They took care of the rest. I had to sign a promissary note online and fax over a GAP application. It was probably the easiest car loan experience I've ever had. At first I was considering used but I found a deal on a new car under $30K and called them. They lowered the rate and I had my car in a few days. 

They did a HP from Equifax. 

Message 2 of 5
Begin_anew1
Valued Member

Did you need to take printed paystubs, and auto insurance to the dealership . Or did they let you pull up everything from your phone? What was your score ?
Message 3 of 5
MakeItAMudLight
Frequent Contributor

@Begin_anew1 wrote:
Did you need to take printed paystubs, and auto insurance to the dealership . Or did they let you pull up everything from your phone? What was your score ?

You wouldn't have to take paystubs to the dealership but they will ask for proof of insurance.  Navy Fed may ask for you to send them pay stubs however.  The dealership does't need to see any of your financial information however.  Just the check.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just purchased a vehicle through NFCU 2 weeks ago. It was very easy. I called them at lunch from work. Took about 20 mins or so. I didn't have the exact vehicle I was getting just a ballpark of how much I was going to need. I asked for a pre-approval of 30k and they came back and offered me 33k. I never had to show any proof of income. They then asked me if I wanted to pick up the check, but since I live a few hours from the nearest NFCU location, they Fed-Ex it overnight to me. About a week later, I found the car I wanted online and did most of the negotiation over email. Once we had settled on a price, I went to the dealer to see and test drive the car. It took about 30 minutes for the paper work, which was much faster, since I didn't have to fill out all the credit app. stuff. They send directions for the dealer because quite a bit of info on the car has to go on the check and the dealer has to call NFCU to get an approval code to go onto the check. Once that is done, the vehicle is yours. A little later I had to do a digital signature on the NFCU app. Easiest car purchase I've ever done. They are great to work with. They definitely did a HP on Equifax which luckily was my best score.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.