Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed and 714 EQ score...

tag
EDub357
Frequent Contributor

Penfed and 714 EQ score...

Has anyone had any luck with Penfed on reconsiderations?  My EQ score is 714.  It is shallow but some credit is there.  I was denied and the CSR told me that the length of time accounts have been established was the reason.  Will I have any luck on reconsideration?  They are a very conservative CU. What should I do?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Penfed and 714 EQ score...

It's a gamble. I was recently denied with a similar score and reason.

In any case I feel a recon fax is worth a shot.... They already pulled your credit so do what you can to make use of that hard pull.

Message Edited by souper on 05-26-2008 09:09 PM
Message 2 of 7
EDub357
Frequent Contributor

Who denied you?  Did you try for a recon?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was denied by Penfed. It was for their VISA card though, not a auto loan. But all the same when you get rejected. A recon didn't work for me but it might for you...
Message 4 of 7
EDub357
Frequent Contributor

Did you have any established credit at the time?  What did you do after they denied you?
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

A few years.... and not much to do once denied even after submitting a recon letter. :/
Message 6 of 7
EDub357
Frequent Contributor

Well, I have submitted reconsideration.  Gues I can just pray, wait and see. What route did you go after denial?
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.