Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Current auto loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about Current auto loan

When I got the car the salesman aka dealer lied and said i put down $ that i didnt and when bank called i was still in there office waiting for car to be returned from being gps'd. Is there any grounds for dismisal of the loan/financing without hurting my credit?

Thanks in Advance

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Re: Question about Current auto loan

Well, any "hurt" to your credit already occurred with the inquiry/hard pull and the new account. If the bank was to rescind the loan if you don't have any late payments they pretty much have to report it as Closed, Paid Satisfactory.

But why would you have the loan dismissed? Do you think you can get a better loan, or are just really bothered by the dealers's dishonesty? Or did you change your mind and want to return the car? And how did they lie about the fake downpayment, jack up the price by $Xxx.xx and then claim you gave them the $Xxx.xx as down payment?

Maybe I'm pessimistic, but I just expect some dishonesty somewhere along the line when I buy a car from a dealer.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

the cars price was already over what it shoud've been and he just told them i put $xxxx.xx down after he figured what he would make on it from the finance company the dealer lied about a few other things as well as cover scrapes with paint that wore off soon after phurchase as well well about option to refinance at a lower rate. Im over the car already and believe i could get a better car/rate somewhere else.

Do i have grounds for them to dismiss the loan?

Message 3 of 4
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

The bank has grounds to rescind the loan if they learn about the falsified down payment. Whether they do is up to them, and how long it has been is likely a factor.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.