Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repossession question

tag
povertybro
Contributor

Repossession question

My s/o car was repossessed in 2016. 

It was charged off as a bad debt now in collections. From my understanding, they didn't apply the sell off value to the balance. Instead she is paying for the entire cars value plus interest. 

how should she address this?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Repossession question

@povertybro wrote:

It was charged off as a bad debt now in collections. From my understanding, they didn't apply the sell off value to the balance. Instead she is paying for the entire cars value plus interest. 

Does she have any documentation that the sale of the repo wasn't applied or is this based on memory? 

Message 2 of 3
mich800
Regular Contributor

Re: Repossession question

@povertybro wrote:

Are you sure it was not applied.  Depending on the vehicle, after expenses there may have been little or no equity to apply.  The lender should be able to supply a detailed transaction accounting.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.