Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Review in process w/ NFCU for refi

tag
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

Review in process w/ NFCU for refi

I pulled the trigger today as my credit picture is not going to get much better anytime soon and I wanted to refi my car. I got the "range" of APRs they might offer, the lowest being 2.99, the highest being something I would never agree to (11% ish?)  I'm currently at 5.74%.  My current EQ score isn't so hot, 669, but like I said, it's pretty much all UT that isn't going anywhere soon as I'm taking advantage of 0% offers and the dust is settling post-home purchase.  Just hoping I didn't take a hard pull for nothing and get a crappy APR or, worse, declined. Smiley Sad

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Review in process w/ NFCU for refi

What I found to be successful was to indicate to the review committee what my acceptable range would be. I told them "I am currently paying x% with current lender. You guys gotta be better than y% to make this refinance worth it to me. I don't know if it helped but the rate they gave me was better than y%
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 4
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

Turned out to be a HP for nothing after all. Smiley Sad  I was approved, but with a 7% interest rate which was higher than what I have now.  Then they kept trying to sell me on a NEW car, but I'm not interested, I just wanted to lower my payment/interest.  I declined the whole package, guess I'm stuck at 5.7% for another few years. 

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 3 of 4
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

5.7% isn't too bad. I'm sure in a year you will be able to get a better rate. Congrats on the home! You credit will skyrocket in a year because you have a mortgage.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.