cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Agreement

tag
mlsihs

Sales Agreement

My CU notified me that the dealership hasn't sent the sales agreement to them yet. I have spoken to the dealership about this and they said it takes a few weeks. It's been 14 days since bought the car. They cashed my check and I've received the owners card. Is it normal for this to take a while? Dealer told me my first payment would be due 4/3/21. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Sales Agreement

It's been happening a lot more during the pandemic, they're just backed up. My issue was them paying off my trade in because they took longer than the 10 day quote. In addition to that, my temp registration had expired and they ended up sending my registration sticker to me themselves. I just kept on them during the follow process through email to document everything.

Message 2 of 8
mlsihs

Thanks for that. I was getting worried that something had went wrong. Didn't cross my mind that the pandemic was still occurring. 

Message 3 of 8
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

So if the CU has not paid the dealer yet then don't worry about the first month payment - your CU will let you know.

Just wait till you have to get tags or plates from your DMV - that takes a lot of patience!

My new registration card took over a month after my car was paid off...

Message 4 of 8
mlsihs

oh wow a month!!

I got my plates and registration. Just waiting on the loan info. I guess I'm just still excited and nervous. 

Message 5 of 8
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@mlsihs Did the dealer not give you a copy of the Buyer's Order when you left with the vehicle?  If not, I would stop by if the dealership is local and get a copy yourself and send it to the CU.  When I was spinning paper in the box a copy of the Buyer's Order was always given to the customer prior to them taking delivery.  We'd also have them sign a bailment agreement just in case I had to unwind the deal but you certainly should have been given a copy of the BO.

Message 6 of 8
mlsihs

I literally got my loan information the next day after I asked about this. A little patience goes a long way. 

Message 7 of 8
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@mlsihs wrote:

I literally got my loan information the next day after I asked about this. A little patience goes a long way. 

@mlsihs Very nice!  Congrats again on your purchase. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.