Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Auto Pre-Selected

tag
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: USAA Auto Pre-Selected

^^^^
Chances are PenFed and DCU will beat USAA auto rates.
I strongly considered USAA last week. But they just can't match the CU's. I found another CU with a great rate while searching loans. America's First FCU out of Birmingham, Al is giving 1.75% for 63 months. And you do not have to be a member. Credit score need to be 740 in order to get that rate though.
Message 11 of 16
nycplayboy78
Regular Contributor

I am a member of DCU, PenFed, and USAA....HAHAHAHA....BIDDING WARS....

Smiley Happy

EX08 801 EQ08 812 TU08 805 Total Credit Line: $100K+
Message 12 of 16
Gmood1
Super Contributor

EE: USAA Auto Pre-Selected

I hear ya, lol. Yeah I'm a member of more than I can remember lol. PenFed, Navy Fed, Xcel FCU, NASA FCU, SDFCU, Kinetic FCU and USAA.

I almost joined DCU last week. When I found out it would be two hard pulls.. I passed.

The only one out of this group that doesn't base the rate on a credit score tier rating is PenFed.

Message 13 of 16
nycplayboy78
Regular Contributor

Re: EE: USAA Auto Pre-Selected

Hmmm that is good to know Good thank you for the heads up....So I will pit DCU vs PenFed vs USAA...BWAHAHAHAHA (Evil Sinister Credit Laugh)

Message 14 of 16
nycplayboy78
Regular Contributor

I've been reading the Auto boards as of late...I need to stop doing that...Because I am in the market for a new 2017 Cadillac XT5 which is being built and I had to put $1k down at the dealer back in February I will hopefully pick it up in May or June..It seems that the battle is between DCU and PenFed which I am a member of both..USAA seems to be in a stingy mood as of late I have EVERYTHING over at USAA (Checking, Savings, Money Market, CD, Credit Card, Insurance) maybe they can give me a great rate. @Gmood1 what about Navy Federal Credit Union how are they with loans? The vehicle I want costs $67k and I will private sell my current car for $17k and use $7k for the TTL and Dealer fees and then put $10k down on the rest and THEN have either DCU vs PenFed vs USAA vs Navy FCU fight it out Mortal Kombat style so hope fully I am looking at around $45kish or so...What are your thoughts guys? The ONE BADDIE on my file is a 120 day-late from Skank of America back when the Housing Market crashed in 2008 and I got hit by it in 2011...SIGH...That is a major drag on my file...Other than that no issues my current car was paid off a year early (3rd vehicle loan) paid off early Smiley Happy [Wells Fargo Financial, GM Financial, and Ford Credit]

So I am holding out luck but I need some insight guys on guiding me to the best solution......THOUGHTS??!!

DCU

PenFed

Navy Federal

USAA

Message 15 of 16
Gmood1
Super Contributor

That baddie is so long ago, with your scores you'll have no issues getting a great rate. All of these institutions already post their best rates available on their site. Unless you can get 0% thru the manufacturer, I'd go PenFed, America's first or DCU.

Just pick the one with the best rate offered for the term you want. No need to apply with them all. USAA and NFCU rates are similar.. Which is higher than the other three I've listed.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.