Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What CRA does Wells Fargo pull from?

tag
azguy13
Senior Contributor

What CRA does Wells Fargo pull from?

Just like the subject asks, what credit reporting agency does Wells Fargo Auto or Wells Fargo Dealer Services pull from when applying for a loan?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
rebuildingmission2013
Contributor

Re: What CRA does Wells Fargo pull from?

The credit pull database shows Wells Fargo pulling from all 3 

Message 2 of 6
Mailak
Frequent Contributor

@azguy13 wrote:

Just like the subject asks, what credit reporting agency does Wells Fargo Auto or Wells Fargo Dealer Services pull from when applying for a loan?

I had inquired about auto loans last summer at wells fargo where I bank. Upon my asking, the wells fargo banker called the WF finance people who said that they would pull Equifax for the auto loan. I didn't apply so can't comfirm that that is indeed what happened. Btw, this was in arizona.

PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards (19.5k), Amex BCE (9k), Chase Sapphire Reserve (30k), Chase Freedom Unlimited (14.5k), Chase Marriott Premier (19k), Discover More (10k)
Message 3 of 6
onmyway2day
Established Member

There's Wells Fargo Auto Finance and then there's Wells Fargo Dealer Services. I just applied a couple weeks ago to WFAF and they pulled EQ. Just last week I applied through WFDS and they used EX. I was pre-approved and then denied through WFAF with a 650 EQ FICO. I was approved for 0% financing for 60 mo. for a new 2013 Chevy Traverse through WFDS with a 623 EX FICO.

Starting Score: 500
Current Score: 631
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 6
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Through the dealer in January WFDS pulled EX.  I had WF Financial for an Infiniti a number of years ago but couldn't tell you what they pulled.

Message 5 of 6
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Thanks the for the help. For received my current WFDS loan a few years ago and now can't see where they pulled from. I am about to pay off a 60 month loan in 30 months and will be looking for a new vehicle. I hear rumors of WFDS being amazing after the first loan with no baddies and I will have paid off the loan in 1/2 the time. 

Since my last loan, my score has gone up substantially so I am getting excited to see what I qualify for. Sadly, I must wait 6 months or so before I start looking. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.