cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to put in loan application where it says how long have I worked at a certain place?

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure

What to put in loan application where it says how long have I worked at a certain place?

I started working in my current company full time as temp for 9 months (though a staffing agency), but I was  directly hired on Septemper. Would it be wrong for me to say I've been with my company for over a year instead of 4 months?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Established Contributor

Re: What to put in loan application where it says how long have I worked at a certain place?

@DoktorSleepless wrote:

I started working in my current company full time as temp for 9 months (though a staffing agency), but I was  directly hired on Septemper. Would it be wrong for me to say I've been with my company for over a year instead of 4 months?

You were hired in 2018 and now it's 2019. I wouldn't hesitate to round up and tell them you've been at your current job for a year! You don't have to be terribly precise on such applications.

Message 2 of 4
Established Contributor

Re: What to put in loan application where it says how long have I worked at a certain place?

Congratulations on being hired.  The main purpose of the employment length question is to ensure that your job is secure. Generally temp-to-hire hirings are considered secure because you've already been through the honeymoon period.

I would not worry about putting down the combined time as it is answering the purpose of the question, if not the specific wording.

Message 3 of 4
New Contributor

If they are going to verify employement you want to be truthful but if they are not, you can bend the truth a tad in your favor without worry. When I purchased my car last year and financed with Capital One they did verify how much money I made and the length of my employment.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.